Baked Breaded Cauliflower Florets – Crispy cauliflower pieces breaded with Panko breadcrumbs and baked to perfection. Not only are these delicious but they are super healthy and good for you.
It’s the weekend, so it’s time to relax and be silly again. I live for weekends, to have time off, relax and be with my family. And it continues to be gorgeous outside which I am just over the moon with happiness because this means this weekend we are going to go for a drive in the mountains and hopefully get some beautiful pictures. Ah….the great outdoors!
Last weekend I was struggling on what to make with this cauliflower that hubs bought. He’s not a fan of it so I was trying to make something that he’d eat. One of my favorite ways to eat any vegetable is to bread it and fry it. However this time I didn’t want to fry it because I’m trying to stay away from fried food. I said I’m trying. So wouldn’t you know it I got the brilliant idea to bake it instead not quite sure how it would turn out. But every time I’ve used Panko breadcrumbs in the past I was not disappointed with the result.
I mean let’s be serious, anytime you bread something and fry it is so delicious, but I have come to realize that if you choose to bake instead of fry the food is just as delicious, and deep down you feel great about yourself knowing that you ate something healthy. But let’s talk about these florets for a bit. So easy to make. You dip them in egg, then dip them in breadcrumbs. Now if you want them to be nice and crisp and super crunchy I really urge you to use Panko breadcrumbs, I cannot guarantee if you use any other breadcrumbs that the results would be the same.
I baked mine for about 35 minutes at a high temperature, 425 F degrees, because I wanted them really golden. They were magnificent. So crunchy on the outside, yet the cauliflower soft and delicious. I bet you could get those picky kids to eat this!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Baked Breaded Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If the cauliflower florets are too big, cut them so they are bite size. In a shallow plate beat the eggs and add paprika, salt, pepper and 1/2 of the oregano. Whisk so that it's well combined.
- In another shallow plate combine the breadcrumbs together with the rest of the oregano and additional salt and pepper if required.
- Dip each cauliflower floret in the egg mixture, making sure it's fully coated, then in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet. Continue until finished with all the florets.
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with ranch dressing or your favorite sauce.