Last updated on July 11th, 2018 at 09:33 am
This Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is about as easy and fast as it gets when making a comforting weeknight dinner without compromising on flavor.
Beef Stroganoff is a classic Russian dish of sautéed beef and mushrooms in a sauce with sour cream and usually served over noodles. This dish has become popular all over the world and there are many variations of it.
For my version here I’m using ground beef with lots of mushrooms, all made in an Instant Pot and all under 30 minutes. This is the ideal dish that’s perfect for a busy weeknight but still want a good homemade meal in very little time.
I hope you love this beef stroganoff because it’s super easy to make, loaded with flavors, satisfying and super delicious.
Love your Instant Pot as much as I do? Try these other IP recipes:
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef extra lean
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced, I used cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup white wine dry
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 8 oz egg noodles dry
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth low sodium
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. (See your manufacturer's guide for detailed instructions on how to use your instant pot.)
- Add the butter and olive oil to the instant pot and cook and until the butter has melted. Add the ground beef and break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook the beef for about 3 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms and stir. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add the paprika, white wine and flour and stir well.
- Add the egg noodles to the Instant Pot, and cover them with the beef broth. Close the lid (follow the manufacturer's guide for instructions on how to close the instant pot lid). Cook on high pressure (Manual setting) for 3 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot cycle is complete, wait until the natural release cycle is complete, should take about 10 minutes. Follow the manufacturer's guide for quick release, if in a rush. Carefully unlock and remove the lid from the instant pot.
- Stir in the sour cream and taste for seasoning. Adjust with salt or pepper if necessary. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.