Last updated on November 8th, 2018 at 09:22 pm
These Korean Beef Rice Bowls can be on your dinner table in only 20 minutes! We’re talking delicious, quick, easy, and budget-friendly dinner!
As far as easy dinners go, this is probably right up there at the top because in less than 20 minutes you and your family can enjoy these Korean Beef Rice Bowls. Better than take-out, not to mention way faster.
I’m all about these simple dishes, especially for when you’re in a hurry. What’s great about this dish though is how simple it is to put together and I bet you probably have all these ingredients in your kitchen right now.
These rice bowls are also quite versatile because while the main ingredient here is just the ground beef, you can customize it to your preference by adding more veggies to it. Try adding veggies like broccoli, asparagus or peppers, to name a few.
While I served this over rice, for a healthier alternative consider using cauliflower rice, or even zucchini noodles.
You could even use a different type of meat, such as ground chicken, or even ground lamb. You could also even turn this into a salad.
This is why I love these types of meals. You could take a basic recipe like this and turn it into anything you want. I really hope you give this a try and I’d love to hear from you if you do. I’m sure you’re going to love it.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Korean Beef Rice Bowl
- 1 cup rice uncooked
- 1 lb ground beef lean
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cook the rice according to package instructions. I usually use Basmati rice and I add 2 1/2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice and about 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef first for about 3 minutes, breaking it into crumbles, over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and cook for another 5 minutes until the beef starts to brown and no longer pink.
- In a small bowl whisk together the sauce ingredients and pour over the beef. Let it simmer for another 1 minute while stirring, then remove from heat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve hot over cooked rice.