Last updated on November 4th, 2018 at 06:17 pm
These Korean BBQ Ribs feature a traditional and authentic marinade for the most delicious, tender and succulent BBQ ribs you will ever have.
Did you know that you can make ribs in the oven? You can and they really are great! You can slow cook them at a low heat such as 200 F degrees or cook them faster at 400 F degrees if you’re in a rush. I like them, both ways.
These ribs are great though because you can also grill them. I have done them both ways, so it’s really up to you how you do them.
I have this recipe from a friend’s mom, she has her own blog, Salu-Salo, so be sure to check out her blog for a lot of great recipes.
The recipe she gave me though was for 5 lbs of ribs, which is a bit too much for just my husband and I so I cut it down in half. These ribs are super easy to make, you mix all the marinade ingredients together and marinate the meat over night. Marinating the meat overnight should tenderize it and it will be full of flavor.
CRAVING MORE RIBS? TRY THESE:
- Instant Pot BBQ Pork Ribs
- Guinness Braised Short Ribs
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs
- Honey Glazed Rack of of Pork Ribs
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Korean BBQ Ribs
- 2 1/2 lbs beef short ribs or pork ribs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 1/2 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1/4 tbsp black pepper ground
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together except the ribs.
- Add the ribs and toss around so that each rib is covered in the marinade.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap or transfer to a plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place ribs on baking sheet. Bake ribs until done, about 30 minutes. Alternatively you can barbecue them on the grill.
- You can also slow cook these in the oven at 200F degrees for 5 to 6 hours.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.