Last updated on June 6th, 2018 at 11:19 am
This Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad tastes just like deviled eggs, super creamy and loaded with celery, olives, pickles and red onion. Quick and delicious!
With Easter almost over, I’m sure you all have lots of leftover hard boiled eggs, at least if you’re like me. I always color a lot more eggs than necessary, then we’re stuck eating them for the remainder of the week. However this time, I decided to try something different with my leftover eggs. I thought this deviled egg macaroni salad would be awesome because 1. who doesn’t love macaroni salad, and 2. who doesn’t love deviled eggs! It’s like a match made in heaven!
But let’s talk boiling eggs for a minute because, and I hate to admit this, for the longest time I hated boiling eggs, simply for the fact that I hated peeling them. Well a while ago I discovered the secret. Not the secret to life, but at least the secret to peeling them, and that is to peel them under running water, works like a charm! Read the recipe notes for more detailed instructions on boiling and peeling eggs.
I like to throw a lot of ingredients in this recipe like lots of pickles, red onion, celery and black olives. I know some people don’t like celery in their macaroni salads, so if that’s you, then simply don’t add them. I personally like the extra crunch you get from the celery. Also feel free to add as many pickles as you like, especially if you’re going for a zestier, more saltier taste. You can also adjust the amount of mustard, it’s what gives it that tangy flavor. Everybody’s palette is different, but that’s what’s so great about cooking, is that you can adjust recipes, add a bit of this and that and make it completely your own.
That’s why I love cooking so much. People ask me all the time if I’m not afraid I’m going to run out of recipes, and the answer to that is simply NO. There are so many different ingredients out there, it’s impossible to ever run out of ideas of things to make.
Anyway, if you’ve ever had deviled eggs before, and chances are you have, especially if you’re from this planet, then you know what they taste like. This macaroni salad tastes just like that.
You can of course serve this salad right away, but I prefer to chill it first for an hour or so before serving, I just like my macaroni salad really nice and cold but it’s all up to you. Hope you give this a try, especially if you have lots of eggs leftover, great use of them and this also makes a perfect side dish.
If you love this macaroni salad, try my Macaroni Salad with Prosciutto!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half to remove the egg yolks. Transfer all the egg yolks to a bowl, and chop up the egg whites and set aside.
- Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions. Drain the water and rinse with cold water. I do this to cool the pasta a bit. Set aside.
- Mash up the egg yolks with a fork, then season with salt and pepper. Add more salt and pepper as per your taste. Add the mustard and mayonnaise to the egg yolks and stir everything together until well combined.
- Add the macaroni to a large bowl, then add the egg yolk mixture, the chopped egg whites, pickles, onion, celery, olives and paprika. Stir well until combined. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Garnish with more paprika and chives.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!