This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad is perfect for a BBQ, a picnic or lunch. Loaded with chicken, bacon, tomatoes, olives , all smothered in a creamy ranch, mayo and sour cream dressing. This will be your “go to” pasta salad this summer!
The Best Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
Don’t you feel like summer is going by too quickly? I made a pasta salad for you, my friends, because I feel that a good pasta salad is like the quintessential summer salad that’s perfect for all occasions. I’ll help us hold onto that lovely summertime feeling for just a bit longer!
The reason I love this salad so much is because it’s loaded with chicken and it has one of my favorite all time ingredients, bacon. The other ingredient that I added and love in this salad are the tomatoes because it adds a burst of freshness to the salad. So there you have it, creamy, fresh, bright and balanced, my favorite pasta salad and the only salad I want to have for the rest of the summer.
- Mayonnaise – You can use any kind of mayo you’d like, but believe me you want this creamy component.
- Sour cream – This ingredient will add some nice tang. If you’d like to bulk up the protein you can sub this out for an equal amount of Greek yogurt with a teaspoon of lemon juice added.
- Ranch dressing – This addition will pack tons of great flavor and pair nicely with the chicken.
- Rigati – This is a smaller version of rigatoni. I wanted something with ridges that would soak up all that sauce.
- Chicken – Cooked and diced up, I like to go to the store and buy a nice rotisserie chicken to chop up but you can also use Roast Chicken leftovers.
- Bacon – Fried up and chopped into bite sized pieces.
- Veggies – Celery and cherry tomatoes will add some nice fiber and brightness to our pasta salad.
- Olives – Black olives sliced up nicely to add some savory tang.
- Combine the dressing: In a medium size bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare the pasta: Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain in a colander and rinse it under cold water to stop it from cooking any further. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl
- Finish the pasta salad: Add the bacon, chicken breast, celery, black olives and cherry tomatoes then add the prepared dressing. Toss well.
How To Serve
When I think of this dish, I think of a big meaty entree to munch away alongside it. Anyone else or is that just me? Regardless here are some of my favorite ways to make this into a full blown meal.
- Rinse the pasta, this will take away some of the starch and prevent our pasta salad from becoming a blob.
- Keep variety in mind when adding your mix ins, you want something with crunch, something bright and acidic, something nice and creamy, and of course a little bacon.
- Cool it before serving, placing it covered in the fridge will allow all those flavors to really get to know each other.
You can only really store this dish in the fridge, so unfortunately freezing ahead of time won’t work. Seal in an airtight container and this dish will keep for 3 – 5 days in the fridge.
Try These Other Delicious Pasta Salad Recipes:
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
- Asparagus And Peas Pasta Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Tuna Macaroni Salad
- Antipasto Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
For Pasta Salad
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain in a colander and rinse it under cold water to stop it from cooking any further.
- Transfer the pasta to a large bowl. Add the bacon, chicken breast, celery, black olives and cherry tomatoes then add the prepared dressing. Toss well.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.