This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These seared Garlic Butter Steak Bites pack so much flavor and are so easy to throw together! The best part? They’re ready in 15 minutes!
You know what’s better than a 30 Minute Recipe? A 15 Minute Recipe! Seriously! This 15 Minute Recipe is for the meat lovers out there! Lots of delicious steak bites smothered in a yummy garlic butter sauce! Have I piqued your interest yet?
You know what else? It’s all in one skillet! I live in Alberta, so we love our steak here and I’m no exception. I love a good steak, but I also love steak bites, because they’re so full of flavor and so easy to prepare. These bite size pieces of steak look fancy if you’re throwing a party, just spear them with toothpicks and watch them disappear.
What Ingredients Do You Need For Garlic Butter Steak Bites
If the name doesn’t say it all for you, here’s what you’ll need:
- Garlic – the more the better. If you know me you know I love my garlic so go nuts!
- Butter – I always use unsalted because this way I can control the salt in all my recipes.
- Steak – I love using a sirloin steak in this recipe and cut it into small pieces. Sirloin packs a lot of flavor and it’s pretty tender, but still affordable.
- Olive Oil – extra virgin.
- Salt & Pepper – to season to your liking.
- Red Pepper Flakes – for a little bit of heat, so if you want it mild, just skip the pepper flakes.
- Parsley – I always love to garnish everything with a little bit of parsley because it makes the dish look so much better. We eat with our eyes first!
What Other Cut Of Beef Can I Use For Steak Bites
As mentioned, I used sirloin because it’s a tender, flavorful and inexpensive cut of beef. Other cuts you could use would be tenderloin, rib eye or New York strip steak.
How to Make Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Garlic butter steak bites couldn’t be any easier. The secret though, is to use a really hot skillet, because you don’t want to overcook the steak. The steak bites really only require about 4 to 5 minutes, if the skillet is hot enough.
My other secret is to not stir the steak bites for the first 1 or 2 minutes, let it get a nice sear from the skillet. I also like to cook the garlic butter separately because I don’t want to add it with the steak, so that the garlic doesn’t burn. Then all that’s left to do is pour the garlic butter over the steak and serve.
What To Serve Steak Bites With
Serve these with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes, pasta or zucchini noodles for a healthier option, or just with some crusty bread to soak up that garlic butter.
However, they are perfect as an appetizer. Stick some toothpicks in them and watch how fast they go!
Craving More Steak? Try These:
- Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
- Ribeye Steak Pasta Puttanesca
- Matambre: Argentinian Stuffed Flank Steak
- Easy Thai Steak Salad
- Creamy Polenta with Grilled Steak and Roasted Tomatoes
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb sirloin steak cut into bite size pieces, or strip loin, tenderloin, strip steak or rib eye
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat it over high heat. Make sure the olive oil is hot, then add the steak pieces to it. Season them generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook for at least 2 minutes before stirring the steak pieces. You want to make sure you get a good sear on them. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes until they're golden brown. If your skillet isn't big enough, you may need to do this batches.
- Transfer the steak bites to a plate and in the same skillet add the butter. Turn the heat down to a medium and after the butter has melted, add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 30 seconds while stirring, just until the garlic becomes aromatic and starts to brown.
- Pour the garlic butter over the steak bites and toss well. Garnish with parsley and serve.