This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Garlic Butter Mushrooms are the perfect easy appetizer to serve any time of the year! With only 15 minutes, one skillet, and a handful of ingredients, this dish is going to be a hit.
Who’s ready for another easy-peasy one-pan dish? Whether you need to serve guests, your family, or want to make a tasty snack for yourself, this recipe is a MUST for all the mushroom lovers out there.
Mushrooms are such a great ingredient to use year-round. They are cheap, and can be snuck into practically any recipe! Sometimes, though, they deserve to be the star.
What Kind of Mushrooms Can I Use?
When you’re using lots of butter, garlic and fresh herbs, you really can’t go wrong with your mushroom of choice! I used a big bag of gorgeous cremini mushrooms that I found at my local Italian centre. These mushrooms are also referred to as “baby bellas”! If you’re a mushroom fan like I am, I would highly suggest checking out an Italian grocery store if you have one near you! You’ll be like a kid in a candy store.
Other varieties of mushrooms that will work well in this recipe are white button (common) mushrooms, sliced portabellos, or shiitake mushrooms would work best. But to be honest, any type of mushroom will work in this garlicky buttery sauce. So good!
How to Make Garlic Butter Mushrooms
This recipe is so easy and completely fail-proof. First, you’ll need to clean your mushrooms. These little guys grow close to the ground, so it’s totally normal to find some dirt on them. Run them under water and use a mushroom brush, a pastry brush, or just use your fingers to loosen up any dirt. I also like to slice about 1/4″ off the stems .
Now we are ready to assemble the whole dish! Over medium-high heat, melt the butter until it begins to bubble. Add the mushrooms, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together well and let the mushrooms cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring every 1-2 minutes.
Once they’re browned and have shrunk, they’re just about done! Add your minced garlic, and continuously stir everything for about 30 seconds. Remove the skillet from the heat, garnish the mushrooms with the chopped parsley and boom! Just like that, you’re all done. Easy, right?
Try These Mushroom Recipes!
- Bacon and Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
- Chicken and Mushrooms in Creamy Dill Sauce
- Crispy Baked Parmesan Garlic Breaded Mushrooms
- Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 1/2 lbs cremini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Clean your mushrooms and slice 1/4" off the stems.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir well and cook the mushrooms until they are browned and begin to shrink. About 5-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds while stirring well. Garnish with parsley, and serve.