Last updated on June 30th, 2018 at 10:36 am
These Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms are so easy and quick to prepare. They make for the perfect appetizer or snack, it’s like eating pizza without all those carbs.
Let me start by saying that as of now these pizza stuffed mushrooms are absolutely my favorite way to eat mushrooms now. They’re so cheesy and saucy and just pretty darn delicious, that I can’t stay away from them. Hubs is not home so I’m trying desperately to leave some for him, but it’s proving to be a difficult feat.
Now that I’ve got that out of the way I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. While the weather has been just gorgeous our back yard is still a mess and not complete. There’s always something to wait for, like right now we have no deck materials, we still have our old deck but you can’t really use it because they removed the stairs so you have to jump down. Even the dog is afraid to jump down, hubs has to pick her up all the time when she needs to go out. She did jump once and I almost had a heart attack, while it’s only 3 steps, I still think it’s too high for a dog, especially my old girl. She was fine though but she never did it again after that. Hubs put a piece of wood from the deck to the patio hoping she would go up and down that wood but it’s only 6 inches wide and as they say, you can’t teach an old dog new tricks. So true, she’s scared to death of it.
But now let’s talk about these mushrooms because they’re so easy to make, it literally took me 5 minutes to put them together and 15 minutes to bake until they’re all nice and cheesy.
I used my cast iron skillet because I knew the cheese would melt all over it, and honestly that’s my favorite part, is that melted cheese. All you have to do is fill each mushroom with a bit of pizza sauce, then top them with as much cheese as you want, then some pepperoni slices and that’s all there is to it. Once you bake them, I dare you to try and stay away from them.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 to 15 large mushrooms cleaned and stems removed
- 2 mini pepperoni links sliced
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fresh basil leaf chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees.
- If you're using a cast iron skillet spray it with cooking spray. Arrange the mushrooms in the skillet.
- Fill each mushroom with about 1 to 2 tsp of pizza sauce. Top each mushroom with 1 to 2 tbsp of mozzarella cheese, then with 2 or 3 pepperoni slices.
- Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until cheese melts and gets a bit golden on top.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with basil.
More delicious recipes from my kitchen