Last updated on November 24th, 2018 at 04:39 pm
These parmesan zucchini crisps are a healthy treat, perfect for an appetizer or just a snack! They are baked not fried and always a crowd pleaser!
These Parmesan Zucchini Crisps are the perfect appetizer. They’re healthy, crispy, cheesy and so easy to make. I served these with some ranch dressing but you can use your favorite dip!
These zucchini crisps are perfect for when you have extra or too much zucchini laying around, especially if you grow your own. I don’t have a green thumb, but my mom does and she grows her own zucchini. She always has an abundance of them and always gives me lots.
I love zucchini because they’re so versatile and so good for you! Not to mention they have practically zero calories. This is how my mom always prepared her zucchini but she used to fry them. I love to bake them, and they still come out super crispy and delicious.
HOW TO AVOID ZUCCHINI FROM GETTING SOGGY
Nobody loves a soggy zucchini. The easiest way to prevent this is to lay out a couple paper towels and line them over the towels. Sprinkle some salt over them on both sides and let them sweat for a few minutes.
The salt will draw out the moisture and you’ll end up with perfectly crispy zucchini.
HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI CRISPS
The secret to doing this quick is to prep all your ingredients first. Also line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut the zucchini into slices that are around 1/4 inch in thickness. After you sweat the zucchini you can set up an assembly line. Set up a plate with flour, a plate with eggs and a plate with bread crumbs.
Simply dredge the zucchini slices through the flour, then egg mixture and finally bread crumbs. As you bread them, place them on the prepared baking sheet.
HOW TO BAKE ZUCCHINI
Preheat your oven to 400 F degrees and bake them for about 20 to 30 minutes. Timing can vary because all ovens are different. But you want to bake them until they are golden and crispy.
Hope you give these a try, they’re incredible!
CRAVING MORE ZUCCHINI RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- Potato Zucchini Fritters
- Baked Zucchini Chips
- Cheesy Zucchini Quiche
- Zucchini and Ricotta Galette
- Zucchini Lasagna
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Crisps
- Lay out a couple paper towels and place the zucchini rounds on the towels. Sprinkle zucchini with salt on both sides. Cover zucchini slices with more paper towels and press down them. Leave for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes you will notice that the paper towels are wet and the zucchini slices are pretty dry.
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow plate, combine Panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano and season with salt and pepper if preferred; set aside.
- In another shallow plate add the flour which you also need to season with salt and pepper.
- In a 3rd plate beat eggs, with salt and pepper.
- Start dredging zucchini rounds in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat. Place zucchini slices on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat until all zucchini slices are done. One large baking sheet was enough for me.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the zucchini rounds are golden and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite dip such as ranch.