Last updated on November 4th, 2018 at 07:09 pm
These Potato Zucchini Fritters are loaded with potatoes, zucchini and mozzarella cheese. They are so good, they’ll be gone before you’re done frying them all.
I love fritters and I make them quite often, especially this time of year when there’s an abundance of zucchini in the markets. Wish I could tell you I grow my own zucchini, but I have a black thumb when it comes to gardening. I wish I would have gotten my mom’s green thumb, but no such luck here.
But I don’t worry about that, because I love going grocery shopping. I combined these zucchini fritters with some shredded potatoes as well and these babies are to die for. While I love to fry mine, you can absolutely bake them, just check the recipe notes for baking instructions. Frying them makes them super crispy on the outside, which is how I like my fritters.
I love fritters of any kind, and zucchini fritters and potato latkes are my favorites which is why I mixed the two here.
You can, of course, use any cheese you like, though I chose to go with shredded mozzarella, but other options can be Parmesan cheese, gruyere, gouda, even Swiss cheese. Use your favorite cheese, they’ll turn out amazing.
These fritters make such a great snack, but they also make a perfect appetizer. I love serving mine with ranch dressing, but if you like spicy, serve them with hot sauce, they’ll be delicious. I’ve even served these with salsa before!
CRAVING MORE ZUCCHINI RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- Zucchini Patties
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini Crisps
- Zucchini and Ricotta Galette
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini Sticks
- Zucchini Lasagna
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Potato Zucchini Fritters
- Line a big bowl with paper towels. Grate the zucchini in the prepared bowl, do one zucchini at a time, then strain all of the water from them using paper towels. Alternatively, you can place the grated zucchini in a colander over the sink, and add about a tsp of salt to the zucchini. Gently toss, then using paper towels, drain the zucchini.
- Add the shredded zucchini to a large bowl and in the same bowl grate the potatoes. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well with a spatula or with clean hands.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Take a spoon and drop a tablespoon of the potato zucchini mixture in the skillet, or use your hands to form a ball then flatten it for a patty. You can also use a 1/4 cup measuring cup, as seen on the video.
- Turn the heat down to a medium. You can fry about 7 to 8 fritters at once. Fry on both sides until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minute per side, then transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining fritters.
- Serve warm with ranch dressing or salsa.
- This recipe yields about 20 to 25 fritters.
- If you find the mixture is too wet, add a bit more flour to it. To get as much water out of the zucchini, add a bit of salt to the shredded zucchini and let them rest for about 5 minutes before squeezing out all the water.
- To bake these, preheat the oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place potato zucchini fritters on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 20 minute, flip them onto the other side and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.