Last updated on September 11th, 2018 at 08:49 pm
These Zucchini Patties are super cheesy with Provolone and Parmesan cheese and are incredibly delicious. A perfect side dish or appetizer!
I love these zucchini patties, and I’ve been making them for years. It’s a really old recipe I got from a friend over 15 years ago and I love it because of the provolone cheese in them. Of course I love anything cheesy but these zucchini patties are so delicious and decadent, they’ll become a staple in your home. Once I even made these with a cheese mix that I had, mozzarella, provolone, asiago and parmesan and they turned out amazing, so feel free to use whatever cheese you prefer or have on hand.
I used about 3 large zucchini in this recipe which gave me about 3 cups of zucchini but feel free to double the recipe because these will disappear off your table in no time. My friend and I could not stop eating these, we used a ranch dressing to dip them in and they were to die for.
I also like to form patties, basically form a meatball then just flatten them out into a patty, but you could also just drop spoonfuls of the zucchini mixture into the pan. Whatever you prefer, I find that the shape is nicer if I form the mixture into patties.
If you’re not a zucchini fan, I still think you’ll like these, they are so cheesy and just so good and what a great way to use that zucchini in your fridge. If you’re like me, I always buy zucchini and then forget about it in the fridge.
Zucchini is so versatile and can be such a nice and healthy alternative to starchy snacks. Try a few of my other zucchini snacks here:
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini Crisps
- Zucchini and Corn Fritters
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini Sticks
- Potato and Zucchini Fritters
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- 3 cups grated zucchini (about 3 or 4 depending on size)
- 1 cup provolone cheese shredded (or mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dill chopped
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- Line a big bowl with paper towels. Grate the zucchini in the prepared bowl, do one zucchini at a time, then strain all of the water from them using paper towels. Alternatively, you can place the grated zucchini in a colander over the sink, and add about a tsp of salt to the zucchini. Gently toss, then using paper towels, drain the zucchini.
- In a large bowl add the grated zucchini, provolone cheese, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, flour, onion, dill, eggs and season with salt and pepper. I usually don't add any salt because there should be enough sodium from the cheese. Mix really well.
- In a skillet heat about a tablespoon of the vegetable oil. You can either form patties or use a spoon to drop small amounts of the zucchini mixtures to the pan. Do not overcrowd the pan. Fry on both sides until golden brown, then repeat with remaining zucchini mixture/patties.
- Serve warm by themselves or with ranch dressing.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!