Last updated on April 13th, 2019 at 10:39 pm
These Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms are sautéed in butter and garlic until perfectly browned, then tossed in a super easy creamy Parmesan sauce that only requires 2 ingredients.
These mushrooms ALMOST make me want to become a vegetarian. ALMOST! I still love my meat, but these Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms are what mushroom dreams are made of.
They only require 5 ingredients, and they’re really easy and quick to make. Not to mention they’re unbelievably creamy and delicious.
It all starts with these gorgeous cremini mushrooms and I used 2 lbs of them. Yes, 2 whole pounds of mushrooms. I do love my mushrooms. I also love to saute them for a long time, as in 10 or 15 minutes until they’re thoroughly and perfectly browned.
They’re so good, I could eat them, and have, just like that with just a bit of salt and pepper. They’re meaty and delicious.
However, for these mushrooms I wanted a delicious creamy sauce which is really made up of 2 ingredients; heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. I love to serve these over some pasta, as a side dish or just on their own. They would even go great over a steak if you’re looking to make an impressive dinner.
So what do they taste like? Besides meaty, they’re nutty, slightly tender and that sauce is to die for.
For more delicious mushroom recipes, check these out:
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs cremini mushrooms cleaned and cut in half
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- In a large skillet add the butter and olive oil and cook over medium-high heat until butter has melted.
- Add the cremini mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and saute until they start to brown and are tender. I like my mushrooms really browned so I sautéed mine for about 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds until it becomes aromatic. Stir in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese and cook until the sauce is bubbly. It will thicken up a bit. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Garnish with parsley and more parmesan cheese and serve immediately. You could serve this over pasta or as a side dish.