This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Sauteed Garlic and Parmesan Mushrooms – these mushrooms are so tasty and flavorful, and so simple to make, 10 minutes is all you need.
I love dishes like this. Though this is more of a side dish, perfect complement to some nice grilled chicken. And we’ve had gorgeous weather here, perfect for grilling. Until today, woke up to about 3 inches of snow. But not to worry. By the afternoon it was almost all melted and sunny again. What a great winter it has been as far as weather here in Calgary.
But these mushrooms are perfect for the dreadful 2 weeks of low carb no sugar eating I’ve embarked on. I’m on day 9 and it has really been working for me. The great thing about it is that I don’t seem to be hungry at all, maybe it’s all the proteins. I do miss baking though, but that didn’t stop me, I did bake this delicious green pistachio cake which I took over to my sister’s house.
I’ve been on a mushroom kick lately. I really really love mushrooms. Even today I made a mushroom soup which I will share the recipe with you later. But these mushrooms with lots of garlic and parmesan cheese are so tasty. You could even eat them on their own as a snack or even as an entire dish. I would. I know there are some folks that don’t like mushrooms, because they’re slimy, but trust me when I tell you these mushrooms are not slimy at all. The reason for that is because I cook them until they’re nice and brown and they have this amazing earthy flavor and they’re so meaty. And when you sprinkle them generously with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese, well you’ll just have to try it, won’t you.
More Delicious Sides To Try
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (unsalted)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 10 ounce white mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan (grated)
- parsley for garnish
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium to high heat. Add garlic and mushrooms to skillet and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally making sure the mushrooms cook on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the mushrooms are done to your likeness, I like mine a little more done so I saute mine for more like 7 to 8 minutes, remove from heat, sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve warm.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.