Last updated on May 30th, 2018 at 05:59 pm
Bacon and Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms – beautiful cremini mushrooms are stuffed with crispy, salty and delicious bacon and Parmesan cheese then roasted to perfection.
I’m finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, at least when it comes to our basement reno. The hard work is pretty much done, lots of cleaning left and putting everything back in their place. It will be nice now for everything to have their own place. I might even move my office downstairs. I have to say we have offices on every floor of the house, my primary one is in my kitchen, yep, I have a little corner here which I call my office. I do everything from there, it’s where I spend a lot of my time, creating recipes, photo editing, now video editing, answering your questions and emails, etc. I love this little corner of mine. I even have a TV above my monitors, I have to say it looks pretty high tech here with all the equipment. Then we have an office upstairs which hubs mostly uses at night, and now we’ll each have our office area in the basement. Yep, we’re workaholics, but we both enjoy what we do, which I’ve always maintained that it’s extremely important. Maybe when the house doesn’t look like a war zone anymore and all the dust is gone, I’ll post some pictures.
But let’s talk mushrooms, and most importantly, bacon! Why do I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve cooked with bacon other than frying up some bacon for breakfast every once in a while. But I’ve made these stuffed mushrooms for a couple reasons: one, I happened to find these gorgeous large cremini mushrooms when I went grocery shopping last time, and I’m a sucker for mushrooms, especially when I see all different kinds of mushrooms, I’m all over them. The second reason is because I’ve missed bacon, and when I looked in our freezer I found a package of bacon and it was looking all lonely and begging to be fried. And let me tell you, mushrooms and bacon together are a thing of beauty, plus when you add some Parmesan cheese in the mix, well I’m sold!
Although I only needed 6 slices of bacon for this recipe, I must tell you I fried all the bacon, and not that I’m admitting to anything, but a lot of it went missing shortly after frying it. Funny how that happens.
These mushrooms are perfect for game day, or a delicious little appetizer for a get together. I’d serve them warm, so if you wanted to make these ahead, leave the 5 minute roasting time just before serving, this way all the work is done prior to your occasion.
Try these other recipes for fantastic stuffed mushrooms!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices bacon fried and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb large cremini mushrooms cleaned, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- In a medium bowl add the Parmesan cheese, bacon, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. I usually don't add any salt because I find the Parmesan cheese and bacon provides enough saltiness, but I do add about 1/2 tsp of black pepper. Stir everything together and set aside.
- In a large oven safe skillet, add the olive oil and heat it over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook on both sides for about 2 or 3 minutes per side, just until the mushrooms start to brown a bit.
- Add about 1 tbsp of the bacon/cheese mixture to each mushroom, you should have enough to fill all the mushrooms.
- Place the mushrooms in the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
To make these ahead for a party, do everything up until step 4, and refrigerate until ready for baking. 5 or 10 minutes before serving, place the mushrooms in the oven and roast them for 5 minutes.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!