This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Antojitos – spicy, cheesy, creamy, the ultimate appetizer. These antojitos are loaded with cream cheese and peppers and are baked to perfection.
One of our favorite restaurants is Montana’s which is a steak house in Canada. Their food is great but the reason we like going there is for their antojitos. We haven’t been there in a while, probably since last summer, but we missed these antojitos.
So now I had a mission. I wanted to make these at home and make them as close as possible to the real ones. If you’ve never had antojitos and don’t know what they are, well basically they are Mexican street snack foods, and translated the word antojito means little whim. Antojitos are not a full meal, usually just an appetizer.
These antojitos could be made as spicy as you want, but if you make them as per the recipe, I would say they’re pretty hot from all the hot sauce and jalapeno pepper. But boy, are they ever good! I love these antojitos, we used to go to Montana’s almost every weekend just to have these.
But now I make them at home whenever I want. They are to die for! I know I’ve said I don’t eat too spicy before, but I make an exception for these antojitos and to tell you the truth I’ve learned to appreciate a little bit of spice every once in a while. The ingredients are so simple, so it wasn’t too big a challenge to duplicate the recipe, basically it’s cream cheese, red peppers, green peppers, jalapeno and hot sauce. You mix all that together and spread it over a tortilla. I also added a bit of cheddar cheese for a little extra cheesy flavor and BANG!
My husband said they tasted just like the restaurant version. I couldn’t agree more. I succeeded in this little quest of mine. I like to serve mine with sour cream with a bit of pesto, but salsa works as well.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Try these recipes if you loved this one!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl add cream cheese, bread crumbs and hot sauce. Mix with a fork until cream cheese has softened. Add the peppers and mix them in well with the cream cheese.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over each tortilla, 1/3 of the mixture for each tortilla, and sprinkle 1/3 of the cheddar cheese on each tortilla. Roll up the tortillas and cut them into 1 inch slices.
- Place the slices on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 10 minutes, then for another 3 minutes under the broiler.
- Serve with salsa or sour cream.