These Blue Cheese and Steak Crostini are a perfect addition to your holiday party or game day menu. Delicious grilled steak pieces over blue cheese, utterly scrumptious!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Santa was good to you, that’s of course if you were nice and not naughty. I hosted dinner at my house for my family and it was beautiful but now to tell you the truth, I am glad it’s all over, at least for another year! The good thing is I did get my wish and we had a very white Christmas, it snowed on Christmas Eve and it was absolutely gorgeous!
But now it’s time for New Year’s eve and if you’re like most people you’re already planning your menu for this fun night. Hubs and I are just staying home, enjoying some good cocktails and some yummy appetizers while watching a good movie. We’ll be lucky if we can make it till midnight. Please don’t tell me that’s a sign of old age!
One of my favorite and go to appetizers are these blue cheese and steak crostini, and that’s because they couldn’t get any easier to make. Now I know it’s the middle of the winter and I’m asking you to grill a steak, but hey we grill year round, no matter how much snow is out there, it’s always the perfect time for grilling. However if you’re not as adventurous as hubs and don’t want to freeze your tush off, you can cook this on the stove. Although these crostini are simple to make, they are bursting with flavor. One of my favorite cheeses is of course blue cheese, I love its strong and creamy taste, and yes I even love the smell of it. But I know there are those who absolutely hate blue cheese, but don’t fret. If you can’t stand blue cheese, feel free to use the cheese of your choice, for example goat cheese would be great in this appetizer.
To make these utterly scrumptious crostini all you need to do is first toast your bread, I used a French baguette which I cut into thin slices and placed under the broiler for a couple minutes until the bread was nicely toasted, flip it over and repeat. Then all you have to do is spread some of that crumbled blue cheese over the bread, top with some of that yummy grilled steak, and garnish with some fresh parsley or chives. That’s all it takes before you can stuff your face with these babies.
Would you like a bite?
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Try some of these easy appetizer recipes!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Blue Cheese and Steak Crostini
- 16 oz steak
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/2 French baguette
- 6 oz blue cheese crumbled
- fresh parsley or chives for garnish
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Grill the steak for about 7 minutes per side, if you want medium rare, or longer if you like your steak done more. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing it into thin slices.
- Cut the French baguette into 1/2 inch slices, about 1/2 French baguette. Place the bread on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet under the broiler and toast for 1 to 2 minutes per side, watch them as they could burn quickly.
- Spread about a tbsp of blue cheese on each bread slice, then top with a couple of steak slices.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or chopped chives.