Last updated on May 19th, 2018 at 07:51 am
Learn how to make these super cute and adorable Mini Corn Dogs from scratch! They’re yummy, delicious and fun to make.
Most times you want to eat something healthy and good for you like my California Quinoa Salad, but there comes a time in one’s life when one wants to eat a corn dog. Sometimes you just want to pop these babies in your mouth, covered in ketchup and mustard and just enjoy the yumminess of a corn dog. I’m just saying!
I for one, can probably count on one hand the number of times I’ve actually had a corn dog in my life. A couple times? Maybe. It was a long time ago because I can’t even remember when. I do remember buying the prepackaged ones a long time ago, and, although I hate to admit it, I did love them. But a fresh corn dog is better.
A mini corn dog is even better. A mini corn dog doesn’t make you feel as guilty. That’s if you can stop at just one.
I’m just happy I finally found a use for my lollipop sticks. I bought them before in the hope of making more cakepops, but I just never found the time and so I was super excited to finally use these sticks.
So I have to tell you that making these mini corn dogs was a lot of fun and pretty simple to do. It was a bit difficult as the dog was in the kitchen with me hoping I’d throw some hot dogs to her, so she was in my feet all the time, but who can blame her. As I was frying these corn dogs it was smelling heavenly and even I couldn’t wait to sink my teeth into one.
The batter for making corn dogs couldn’t be any easier and I found it much simple to use a cup, or a jar, much easier to just dip your hot dog in the cup than in a bowl.
Homemade corn dogs are so much better, and these mini corn dogs are super adorable and what better way have fun with your kids than to make these together.
Looking for more party food ideas? Try these:
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Mini Corn Dogs
- 6 hot dogs cut in half
- 12 lollipop sticks
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- In a large Dutch oven, pour the vegetable oil to a depth of 4 inches. Heat the oil to 350 degrees F.
- Stick each half hot dog onto the lollipop sticks. You can use wooden skewers as well.
- In a bowl, combine all the batter ingredients and whisk.
- I found it easier to pour the batter in a long glass. Dip each hot dog into the cornmeal batter to completely cover the hot dog. Carefully place the hot dogs into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 2 or 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. I fried about 2 or 3 at a time. Repeat with remaining hot dogs and batter.
- Serve with ketchup and/or mustard.