This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Banana Fritters are perfect for when you need to satisfy a sweet craving. Golden brown and completely delicious, they’re yummy to the very last bite!
Today I was craving something sweet and just down right comforting to sink my teeth into, and then I looked up and saw red bananas at the grocery store! The answer was so obvious right away, and that answer was fritters. Best served hot and golden, they are such a perfect sweet finisher and so so easy. They are so easy that sometimes I just eye ball the ingredients rather than measure them all out, madness I know.
Now I barely ever see red bananas in my grocery store, so today they caught my eye right away. Reds can be treated just like their yellow sisters in recipes, as the flavor is super similar. The only difference is their size. Pick some up next time you spot some in the produce aisle, but feel free to use the regular variety as well for these sweet treats!
Ingredients In Banana Fritters
- Bananas – As I said above any kind will do, just be sure it is super ripe with a dark peel to get that proper flavor.
- Milk – Any kind of milk is A-okay.
- Flour – I used all purpose today, something that will hold up to our frying.
- Sugar – White sugar and a little icing sugar as garnish.
- Leavening Agents – Both baking soda and baking powder are needed to get all the volume and tenderness we’re looking for.
- Salt – All sweet treats need a little help from salt!
- Vegetable Oil – We need something neutral in flavor and that can hold up to frying, like canola oil.
How To Make Banana Fritters
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Prepare the batter: In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Mix in milk until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients into banana mixture and stir.
- Fry those fritters: Heat oil in a deep fryer or heavy bottomed pan to 375 degrees F. Drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil, and cook, turning once, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot: Drain on paper towels and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Eat them up nice and warm.
Tips For Making The Best Banana Fritters
- Be sure the oil is nice and hot at 375 F degrees, otherwise the fritters will soak up too much oil.
- You can use an ice cream scoop to spoon the batter into the oil if it’s easier for you.
- This recipe will make around 12 – 15 fritters so you may have to share.
- This dish can only be frozen before being fried, so be sure to cook fresh. The batter will last up to 2 weeks in an airtight container
Craving More Bananas? Try These Delicious Recipes:
- Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread
- Banana Buzz Scones
- Banana Upside Down Cake
- Banana Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
- Easy Banana Bread
- The Perfect Banana Muffins
- Cream Cheese Filled Banana Cake
- Banana Nut Bread
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Mix in milk until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients into banana mixture and stir. I just used a wooden spoon.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or heavy bottomed pan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil, and cook, turning once, until browned, about 5 minutes. You can also use a small ice cream scoop to make it easier to drop the batter in the oil.
- Drain on paper towels and dust with confectioners' sugar.