Last updated on November 14th, 2018 at 07:39 pm
These Banana Fritters are perfect for when you need to satisfy a sweet craving. Sweet and delicious. Yummy to the very last bite.
Do you ever have those days where you just crave something really bad? For some reason today I was craving some kind of donuts. But I wanted something different. So as usual I look around and I see these red bananas.
Last time I went to the grocery store I found red bananas! I had never had red bananas before. If you’ve never seen them, sorry I forgot to take a picture of them, but they are shorter and fatter than regular bananas, and they taste basically the same as a regular banana, perhaps a bit sweeter. But I had lots of bananas and they were very ripe, so I knew I had to do something with them.
So pretty much that’s how these banana fritters were born. It was the easiest kind of donut I could think of, throw the ingredients together in a bowl and fry them. No rising, no waiting, just mix, fry, eat.
To tell you the truth, these fritters are so easy to make I didn’t even measure most ingredients, just eye balled it all. But these are my kind of recipes.
I love these fritters, it’s like biting into a banana, but just with a crispy exterior. You’ll notice I didn’t add a lot of sugar because there’s enough sweetness from the bananas, but if you do want them sweeter feel free to add more sugar.
So next time you feel like having a delicious and delectable sweet treat, try these banana fritters. They’re sweet and just right.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT BANANA FRITTERS
You will want to use super ripe bananas for these fritters as they will have more flavor and your fritters will smell and taste amazing.
Make sure your oil is the right temperature at 375 F degrees. If the oil temperature is too low the fritters will soak up too much oil and they will end up greasy.
These are best served while still warm served with a light dusting of powdered sugar.
CRAVING MORE DELICIOUS SNACKS? TRY THESE:
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Mix in milk until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients into banana mixture and stir. I just used a wooden spoon.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or heavy bottomed pan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil, and cook, turning once, until browned, 2 to 8 minutes. You can also use a small ice cream scoop to make it easier to drop the batter in the oil.
- Drain on paper towels and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- This recipe yields about 12 to 15 fritters depending on size.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.