Last updated on November 4th, 2018 at 07:17 pm
This Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread is a super moist banana bread with swirls of chocolate, simple to make and it’s a true decadent treat!
You all know I love a good banana bread but this marbled chocolate banana bread has got to be my favorite because chocolate and bananas are such a classic and delicious combo. I love it for breakfast with my cup of coffee, or I love it as a snack when I want to treat myself.
Banana bread is also such an easy bread to make, and this recipe is pretty much a classic banana bread where I take about a quarter of the batter and mix it with some melted chocolate chips. Simple, quick to prep and always a crowd pleaser.
I have so many variations of banana bread (check the links below) but when it comes down to it, banana bread is really all about the bananas and in this case the chocolate as well.
The trick to a moist and delicious banana bread is to make sure you use very ripe bananas, you know that point when they turn ugly and brown and nobody wants to eat them? Those are the bananas you want.
This marbled banana bread is amazing, it’s so good and not super sweet, it’s my favorite recipe for banana bread. Hope you give it a try and love it as much as I do.
CRAVING MORE BANANA BREAD? TRY THESE RECIPES:
- Easy Banana Bread
- Banana Blueberry Bread
- Banana Nut Bread
- Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread
- Cream Cheese Filled Banana Cake
- Banana Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray or grease it with butter.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt and mix together; Set aside.
- In another large bowl, add sugar and butter and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well incorporated. Add eggs, and sour cream; beat until blended then then stir in mashed bananas.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at high for 1 minute or until almost melted. A minute was enough for me, stir until the chocolate is smooth.
- Add 1 cup of the batter to the chocolate and stir so that it's well combined.
- Spoon the white batter first in the greased pan, then the chocolate batter, and swirl batters together with a knife. Or first spoon a layer of white batter, then a layer of chocolate batter, then white batter, then chocolate and if there's any white batter add it on top.
- Bake for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove from pan and continue cooling on a wire rack. Slice and serve.
- Ugly brown bananas make the best banana bread. However, make sure you don’t use fermented bananas, or those where the peel is split.
- Storing: Wrap banana bread in plastic wrap while still a bit slightly warm, but not hot. This will keep it from drying out overnight.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.