Last updated on March 7th, 2019 at 01:30 pm
This is my favorite Super Easy Banana Nut Bread that’s super quick to put together, no mixer needed, perfectly sweetened, super moist and delicious!
I thought I’d repost one of my oldest recipes here on Jo Cooks since I just made this banana nut bread again. This is such an easy recipe, no mixer required and has been my go to banana nut bread recipes for years.
Only one bowl required and this banana nut bread is quite versatile. I say it’s versatile because you can swap some of the ingredients in it, for example I love using apple sauce in banana bread instead of butter, but yes you could use butter, as a matter of fact my recipe used to say butter but I switched it to apple sauce because it’s a bit healthier and you still get the same moist banana bread.
DAIRY FREE BANANA BREAD
Also if you wanted a dairy free version skip the sour cream and add more applesauce instead. This is something I have always made often because hubs goes through phases and the last phase he went through he thought he was lactose intolerant, so I had to make all sorts of recipes dairy free.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA BREAD SUPER MOIST
Of course as you might know, the secret to a good banana bread is of course the very ripe bananas. Yeah you need those ripe bananas to get that rich banana flavor.
You’ll also notice that my banana nut bread recipe has somewhat reduced sugar, it’s still a cup of sugar in total, but some recipes call for 2 cups. To me this is the perfect amount of sweetness, but feel free to increase the sugar amounts if you prefer a sweeter banana bread.
Banana nut bread is a favorite recipe of mine especially for weekends. There’s nothing I enjoy more on weekend mornings, than to cuddle up with a good book, a great cup of coffee in one hand and enjoy a slice of moist and delicious banana nut bread.
Especially on cold winter days like the ones we’ve been having here. It’s been so cold that when you step out of your house your nose hairs freeze instantly, and I’m not kidding you. But at least it’s pretty outside, everything is white like a winter Wonderland, but I have to say that need for a winter Wonderland quickly disappeared as soon as Christmas was over. Ah heck, 5 more months of winter to go, might as well enjoy it!
HOW TO STORE BANANA BREAD
I prefer to store my banana bread on the counter, wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. You could also refrigerate it, but I find that this tends to dry it up a bit more.
Banana bread will last up to 3 days on the counter. Wrap it in plastic wrap or seal it tightly.
CAN I FREEZE BANANA BREAD
Absolutely! You can freeze banana bread and it freezes beautifully. I like to cut mine up in slices, wrap each slice tightly with plastic wrap and freeze it that way. Of course, you can freeze it as a whole but I like the idea of the grab and go slices.
To defrost just pop the slice in the microwave, without plastic wrap, for a few seconds and off you go.
NEED MORE BANANA BREAD RECIPES? TRY THESE:
Easy Banana Nut Bread
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Peel and add bananas to a large bowl and mash using a fork. Add applesauce, sour cream, eggs, vanilla extract and whisk everything together.
- Add the sugars and whisk until the sugar is well incorporated into the batter.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and stir using a wooden spoon. Do not over mix, just enough until you don't see the flour anymore.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 40 to 50 min or until done.
- I used applesauce for a healthier version, but it can be substituted with vegetable oil or butter.
- For a dairy free version, replace the sour cream with applesauce.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.