This Bacon Corn Dip is creamy, cheesy, spicy and simply decadent. Let’s not forget it’s loaded with corn and bacon, because bacon makes everything better. Perfect snack or appetizer!
Hot corn dip usually makes me very happy, but bacon corn dip makes me silly and giddy with joy and happiness. Bacon, as we know, is one of my favorite foods because let’s be real, is there anything better? Corn is also another favorite food of mine, but when you combine the two together, plus throw in some cheese and other goodies in there, we’re talking something crazy.
This corn dip is one of those appetizers that everyone will go nuts over. It’s perfect for game day, perfect for a snack, perfect for everything. Do not let the summer pass you by without making this dip.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST BACON CORN DIP:
- I recommend using fresh corn on the cob versus the canned or frozen corn. However, don’t stress if it’s not the season and you can’t find fresh corn, frozen or canned will be just as good. When cooking the corn, the secret is to cook it until thoroughly golden and looks almost charred. Alternatively you can grill your corn for the same effect, but I like cooking it in the bacon fat for that extra decadence.
- Choose a good cheese and shred it yourself. I love a good fresh mozzarella cheese in this dip for that extra stretchy cheese, but Monterey Jack, provolone, gruyere or even Swiss cheese would work great. Just shred it yourself.
- Mayonnaise is key in this dip to make it extra creamy. Replacements or additions could be sour cream or even cream cheese.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS DIPS? TRY THESE:
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Spicy Cheesy Corn and Tomato Dip
- Crockpot Bacon Queso Blanco Dip
- Chile Con Queso
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Add the chopped bacon to a large oven safe skillet and cook until browned and crispy. Do not drain the fat.
Stir in the jalapeños and garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until the garlic is aromatic.
Stir in the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn is golden and starts to char. Should take 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the mayonnaise, green onions and 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese. Stir everything together well, then season with salt and pepper as needed.
Top with remaining mozzarella cheese then place under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown on top.
Top with more green onions or other herbs like cilantro if desired. Serve hot with tortilla chips or crackers.
Other cheeses that would work well would be Monterey Jack cheese, provolone or gruyere cheese.
This bacon corn dip can be made ahead of time. Simply do everything up to and including step 5, then let it cool. Once cooled cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and keep in the refrigerator until ready to pop in the oven and broil.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!