Last updated on December 28th, 2017 at 11:40 am
This Spinach and Artichoke Dip is simple gooey cheesy goodness surrounded by bread rolls, all baked in one skillet. Plop it on a table and let everyone dig in.
Exciting day here. I’ve been waiting for this day for a long time, about a year now to be exact. Today is the day I got my copies for my book, so I can’t even begin to explain how happy I was opening up that box. Granted, the big day is still to come August 2nd, when you can actually find this book in stores and online, but at least I can hold in my hands. So if you love Jo Cooks and wished you could sit down and read a gazillion recipes, well 80 to be exact, all with gorgeous pictures, all in one sitting, without worrying if you can print them or not, now is your chance. The 30-Minute One-Pot Meals Cookbook will be coming to you August 2nd. YAY! Links to pre-order available on the sidebar.
Does a grown woman say Yay? Well this one does, at least for today!
Now if you ask me what better way to celebrate such an occasion, I’d say we need some skillet pull apart bread with my favorite dip, spinach and artichoke. Yeah, baby! It’s super easy to make with frozen dinner rolls. You don’t even need to thaw them out first, just arrange them in the skillet frozen and then let them proof until they double in size, and while this is happening, they will also thaw out.
The dip itself is my favorite spinach and artichoke dip which I make often, since it’s a favorite around here. This time I decided to cook the dip ingredients a bit first in a skillet, to melt all the cheese and everything, but it really isn’t necessary if you don’t want to dirty another skillet. Just combine everything together in a bowl, that should work just fine.
You then just bake everything together, the dip in the middle and the bread in a ring around the skillet, and the aroma will drive you nuts. For me the smell of baking bread is the best perfume in the whole entire world. And now comes the fun part. Just pull a piece of bread and dip it in that yummy dip and enjoy!
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- 1 bag bread rolls frozen, 20 in a bag
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted and melted
- 8 oz spinach frozen, thawed, drained and chopped
- 14 oz artichokes canned, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature, 1 package
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/8 tsp red pepper chili flakes
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray or brush with melted butter. Take a small bowl that's about 5 inches in diameter across the top and place it top side down, in the center of the skillet. Spray this bowl with cooking spray as well. Take the bread rolls and arrange around the outside of the skillet. You might have to push them together to fit them all. Brush with melted butter then cover with plastic wrap and let the bread rolls rise until doubled in size in a warm spot, about half hour to an hour.
- In the mean time, in another skillet add the spinach, artichokes, sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese and cook until the cheese melts and everything is well combined, should take about 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Remove the bowl from the center of the skillet and pour the dip into the center. Sprinkle the top of the dip and bread rolls with chili flakes and additional Parmesan cheese, if preferred.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown and the dip is bubbly.
Nutritional information is just an estimate as it can vary drastically depending on brands and products used.
Products you may need for this recipe: