This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip In a Bread Bowl – a yummy cheesy dip in a bread bowl, what could be better?
This Spinach and Artichoke Dip used to be one of those dishes we made a lot when we were in college and friends would come over. If you needed some snacks that were easy and quick to make and at the same time yummy then this was one of the favorites.
What’s not to like really, it’s a cheesy dip, what could be better. So this was a treat this weekend when I made it, because I really haven’t had it in such a long time. I love the fact that it’s in a bread bowl because it makes it so much fun to eat and it’s such a great appetizer for sharing. For some reason this dip popped in my head this weekend so I made my husband go and find me a round dark bread so I could make it.
I have to warn you though, if you do not like artichokes then skip them and just add a bit more spinach. This is something I found out too late that my husband is not a fan of artichokes. Personally I don’t get it, I think the artichokes give this dip a nice sour flavor. So this is just a warning, if you like them then by all means add them.
So what’s your favorite party snack from your college days?
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Spinach and Artichoke Dip In a Bread Bowl
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a bread knife slice the top of the bread off. Scoop out the inside of the bread, but do not throw this bread out.
- Pour the dip inside the bread and bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the top is golden brown.
- Cut the leftover bread in smaller pieces and place them around the bread. Use these to dip in the spinach and artichoke dip.