This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Creamy, cheesy, and packed with a spicy kick, this Buffalo Chicken Dip is a crowd-pleasing favorite that is as effortless as it is tasty. Made with just 7 ingredients, you can whip this easy appetizer together in 30 minutes!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Hold onto your taste buds buffalo chicken lovers, because this baked buffalo chicken dip is here to rock your world! Cream cheese, shredded chicken, tangy ranch, and spicy buffalo sauce come together to create a base that’s bold and bodacious! Cheddar cheese adds some gooey goodness, and then the delicious masterpiece is crowned with a sprinkle of blue cheese and green onions to finish.
And easy to make it is! The recipe calls for pre-cooked chicken, making it the perfect solution for leftover roast chicken! All you have to do is mix, bake, and serve. So, if you’re on the hunt for an appetizer that’s impressive and easy, look no further than this amazing buffalo chicken dip recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Quick and Easy! Finding a recipe that is both delicious and time-efficient is like striking gold! This buffalo chicken dip is an addictively good crowd-pleaser that requires just 7 ingredients and about 5 minutes of prep time!
- Tasty Buffalo Chicken! Cream cheese and shredded chicken get cozy with ranch and buffalo wing sauce to create this incredible recipe! From the creamy richness to the kick of heat, every bite is an explosion of flavors.
- Any Occasion! This showstopper is versatile! Whether you’re hosting a game day super bowl party, a festive holiday gathering, or a backyard barbecue this tasty buffalo dip recipe is always a hit!
- Chicken – I typically use both the white and dark meat of a rotisserie chicken, but any type of shredded chicken will work! You can even use solely chicken breasts if you like.
- Cream Cheese – Makes the dip rich and creamy! I always use Philadelphia cream cheese but any brand will work.
- Ranch Dressing – Adds an addictively good component that perfectly balances out the hot sauce. Feel free to use store-bought or homemade ranch dressing. Sour cream, Greek yogurt, and blue cheese dressing are other options if you don’t have any ranch.
- Buffalo Sauce – Gives this dip its signature buffalo wings flavor profile. Just like the ranch, you can make your own homemade buffalo sauce or use any store-bought brand you prefer.
- Cheddar Cheese – Adds a layer of gooey cheese. You can also use other types of cheese like Colby Jack, Monterey Jack, or mozzarella cheese.
- Green Onions – Used to garnish the dip, it adds a pop of vibrant green color and a nice herby onion finish.
- Blue Cheese – Buffalo sauce and blue cheese go hand and hand. Just a sprinkle is added right before serving.
This dip inspired by buffalo chicken wings is ridiculously easy! With just three simple steps and under 30 minutes you can whip up a sensational appetizer that will have your friends and family singing your culinary praises.
First things first, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). It needs to be ready to go when the dip goes in or it won’t bake as evenly. Then grab an oven-safe baking dish and set it aside.
After you shred the chicken combine it together with the softened cream cheese, ranch dressing, and buffalo sauce in a large bowl. It’s important to fully incorporate the ingredients. Then add the shredded cheddar and mix again.
Now, transfer the dip to the oven-safe baking dish and spread it out evenly. Then pop it into the preheated oven and let it bake for 20-25 minutes. When ready, the dip should be bubbly and the cheese melted.
When the dip is ready, remove it from the oven and garnish it with the crumbled blue cheese and chopped green onions. Then serve it with tortilla chips, crackers, baguettes, or veggies like carrot sticks and celery sticks.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I add to the dip?
Feel free to get creative! Some options include diced bell peppers for a pop of color and crunch, crumbled cooked bacon for smokiness, or even chopped jalapeños for another layer of spice.
Can I make it ahead of time?
Absolutely! You can assemble the dip, cover it tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking.
Why is my buffalo chicken dip so runny?
It might be due to excess moisture from ingredients like the hot sauce or ranch dressing. To thicken it up, you can add a bit more shredded cheese. Also, make sure your cream cheese is well softened and properly mixed into the dip to help with consistency.
- Use room-temperature cream cheese. For smoother mixing and the best results, make sure the cream cheese is soft before you begin the recipe.
- Customize the level of heat. Feel free to adjust the amount of spice to suit your preference. Use more hot sauce to make it spicier and less for a milder kick.
- Double the recipe. If serving a larger crowd, consider doubling the recipe. This dip disappears quickly and having extra is always better than not having enough.
- Serve it in a slow cooker. To keep the dip warm at parties, put it in a crock-pot on the lowest setting.
You can store any leftover buffalo chicken dip in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
To reheat, simply place it in the microwave for a few minutes on medium power, giving it a stir every minute or so. You can also reheat it on the stovetop over medium heat, stirring frequently. Keep in mind, frozen dip needs to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Discover More Delicious Dips
- Baked Feta And Spinach Dip
- Crockpot Queso Blanco
- Sloppy Joe Dip
- Whipped Feta Dip With Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked and shredded chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, and buffalo sauce. Mix everything together until it is well combined.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese and mix it in.
- Spread the mixture evenly into an oven-safe baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle crumbled blue cheese and chopped green onions on top.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or celery sticks for dipping.
- Chicken Choice: You can use freshly cooked chicken, rotisserie chicken, or even canned chicken if you’re in a pinch.
- Buffalo Sauce Heat: If you’re not into spicy foods, go for a milder Buffalo sauce. Trust me, the dip will still have your taste buds doing the cha-cha.
- Cheese Swap: Not a blue cheese fan? Feta or even goat cheese can add that crumbly, creamy touch. But if you skip it, I promise not to tell.
- Dipping Essentials: This dip isn’t picky. Tortilla chips, sliced baguette, and even veggies like carrot and celery sticks are all fair game.
- Make-Ahead Magic: You can prep this dip up to a day in advance and store it in the fridge. Just add 5 extra minutes to the baking time if you’re cooking from chilled.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.