This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This creamy Spinach Artichoke Pasta is what dreams are made of! This one pot recipe is so easy, and takes only 20 minutes to make. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner that you’ll want to make over and over again.
You know what’s even better than spinach artichoke dip? Spinach artichoke pasta! It really easy. It’s a cross between mac and cheese and spinach artichoke dip. Combine the two together, and you’ve got a delicious, super cheesy, comforting weeknight dinner!
This mac and cheese comes complete with three types of cheeses, fresh spinach and lots of artichokes. It’s super creamy, with sharp flavors, but best of all it’s quick and simple. A perfect weeknight meal that’s not only impressive but it can be ready in 20 minutes!
Spinach Artichoke Pasta Ingredients
There are only a few ingredients needed in this recipe. The obvious ones, spinach, artichokes and pasta. I love to use penne for this recipe, but rotini or mini shells would work great as well.
I used three different kinds of cheeses; cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese for more sharpness. I also add some milk to make it nice and creamy and then I season this with lots of garlic powder, and a bit of salt and pepper.
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Pasta
This dish is super quick to make, so I start by cooking the pasta first. As the pasta cooks you can make the sauce since it only takes a few minutes.
While I used fresh spinach, you can use frozen spinach as well. Cook the spinach until it softens a bit then add the artichokes.
Stir in the cream cheese, add the spices, then the milk, mozzarella cheese and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat, stir in the pasta and watch that cheese stretch. It’s a beautiful sight.
Top with plenty of Parmesan cheese and serve.
Looking for More Pasta Recipes? Try These:
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Pesto Caprese Pasta
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
- Creamy Cajun Patalaya
- 8 ounce penne (uncooked, (2 cups dry))
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounce spinach (fresh, roughly chopped)
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (marinated, roughly chopped)
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Start by cooking the pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. Add the olive oil to a large saucepan or Dutch oven and heat over medium heat.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Add the artichoke hearts and cook for another minute.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until melted and there are no lumps.
- Stir int he garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the milk and cook, stirring occasionally until it comes to a boil.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese then add the pasta and mix until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve while warm.
- You can use any shape of pasta for this recipe, such as rotini or mini shells.
- We used fresh spinach, but frozen will work as well.
- You can use any type of milk that you have handy.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.