Last updated on December 28th, 2017 at 10:44 am
Spicy Cheesy Corn and Tomato Dip – you’ve got perfection here with this spicy, creamy and cheesy corn dip. Time to start the party!
Greetings all! I hope you’re all having a great weekend and are ready to do some cooking. This weekend I have a special corn dip for you that’s spiiiiicy and totally delicious. Did I mention how spicy this corn dip is? And it’s all from that serrano pepper. Now if you can’t handle the heat, then by all means leave it out and you’ll still have a yummy and cheesy corn dip but if you’re brave, add that serrano pepper in there and dig in.
Now I love corn so to me the idea of turning a favorite ingredient into a dip is common sense. So that’s what I put into this dip, my favorite things, corn, tomatoes, serrano peppers, and loads of cheese. You may wonder why the tomatoes but trust me when I tell you that you will welcome the coolness of the tomato as you eat this dip. But tomatoes and cheese are again, common sense to me. They go together like peanut butter and jelly. Like mac and cheese. Like flip and flops. Do you know that in the summer when it’s hot and we don’t feel like cooking, our main go to meal at dinner time is feta cheese and tomatoes? Have you ever tried the two? OMG! There’s nothing better.
I grew up on that stuff, feta cheese and tomatoes. But tomatoes go with any cheese, so that’s why they’re so perfect in this dip. Oh and speaking of weird, I am also the biggest sour cream fan there is. Another weird thing I like to eat is just sour cream on bread. Have you guys tried that, or am I alone in this? I love those kind of simple snacks, sour cream on bread, nutella on bread (let’s not go there), honey on bread. Seriously people, if you have not tried these things you are missing out in life!
So this is what’s so great about this dip. When you have all those great ingredients and you marry them all together, well it just works. It’s pure happiness.
I used tortilla chips here to scoop up this yummy dip, but I can think of so many other better things. Like crackers, or pita chips, or even just a nice loaf of crunchy French bread. Oh yeah, baby! Now you’re talking my language.
But don’t listen to me yapping here, go and try this and get ready for some heat.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Spicy Cheesy Corn and Tomato Dip
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cups corn I used canned and drained
- 1/2 red serrano pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Tex Mex cheese or cheddar cheese or Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and cook until onion is soft and translucent. Add corn and serrano pepper and cook until corn starts to turn golden brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add cheese, parsley, sour cream and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Add corn mixture and chopped tomatoes and stir until it's well mixed. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and top with additional cheese if preferred.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and the top is golden.