Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Crockpot Asian Meatballs
You'll love these Crockpot Asian Meatballs, especially if you're a meatball fan! Asian style meatballs that are sweet and tangy, bursting with flavor and made in a crockpot! Perfect for game day, the holidays or just a snack! Total crowd pleaser.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time2 hrs 25 mins
Total Time2 hrs 45 mins
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped, about 6
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds optional
- 2 green onions chopped
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix all the meatball ingredients together in a large bowl. Shape into 1 inch in diameter meatballs and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake the meatballs for 25 minutes or until just slight brown and no longer pink inside.
In the meantime, mix all the sauce ingredients together.
Toss the meatballs together with the sauce and pour into your crockpot. Cook on low for 2 hours. The sauce will reduce and thicken a bit.
Serve garnished with additional chopped green onion or sesame seeds.
- This recipe should yield about 36 meatballs.
- Can I use any other type of meat: Any ground meat would work. Ground beef would be wonderful with this type of glaze, but feel free to use ground chicken or ground turkey. You can also combine meats like ground pork and ground beef together.
- Can I fry these: Yes! Heat about a tbsp of oil in a skillet then add the meatballs and fry until golden all around, should take about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Can I make these ahead: Yes! Meatballs usually reheat really well. If you're making these ahead, store the sauce separately in another container in the fridge. Before ready to serve place the frozen meatballs in the crockpot and pour the sauce over them. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Can I freeze these meatballs: Yes! Follow the instructions for making these ahead, and store them in the freezer separately both in an airtight container.
- How do I store leftovers: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days.
- Nutrition: Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 3meatballs | Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 696mg | Potassium: 288mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 3.2mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1.4mg