You’ll love these Crockpot Asian Meatballs, especially if you’re a meatball fan! Asian style meatballs that are sweet and tangy, bursting with flavor and made in a crockpot! Perfect for game day, the holidays or just a snack! Total crowd pleaser.
Another meatball recipe …
These crockpot Asian meatballs are all about pork! Loaded with garlic, green onion and ginger these babies are PACKED with flavor. Not to mention, the sauce is to die for; all of my favorite Asian flavors, combined into one sensational sauce.
These meatballs are the perfect appetizer for any party or potluck. They’re sweet and tangy from the hoisin sauce with a bit of a kick from the Sriracha. These meatballs are perfection!
Why pork meatballs?
I don’t know about you, but I love pork meatballs, because of the fat content they are so much juicier than any other meatball and hold a lot more of the flavor!
If you aren’t a pork fan, any ground meat would work for these meatballs! Ground beef would be wonderful with this glaze. You can also combine meats like ground pork and ground beef together!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Ground Pork – You can substitute for any ground protein. If you’re using turkey or chicken your meatballs may be a bit dry but lower fat content.
- Green Onion – Chopped.
- Garlic – Minced. Fresh is always best.
- Sesame Oil – Peanut oil, olive oil, perilla oil, walnut oil, avocado oil, canola oil, sesame seeds, tahini or sesame paste and roasted peanuts are all suitable sesame oil alternatives.
- Ginger – Freshly grated. You can use ginger powder as well.
- Eggs – Eggs are the binder in our meatballs, holding the everything together.
- Hoisin Sauce – A staple in Asian cuisine.
- Soy Sauce – Tamari is the closest in taste to regular soy sauce. It can be used as a substitute if you’re not dealing with a soy allergy or monitoring your sodium intake. You can also use Worcestershire or fish sauce.
- Rice Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar will also work.
- Garlic – Minced.
- Ginger – Freshly grated. You can use powder if you don’t have fresh.
- Sriracha – Can be replaced with your choice of hot sauce.
- Pepper – Season to taste.
How to make crockpot Asian Meatballs
- Preheat your oven to 400 F degrees.
- Make the meatballs: Mix all the meatball ingredients together in a large bowl. Shape into 1 inch meatballs and place on baking sheet.
- Bake: Bake the meatballs for 25 minutes or until just slight brown and no longer pink inside.
- Make the sauce: Mix all the sauce ingredients together.
- Slow cook: Toss the meatballs together with the sauce and pour into crockpot. Cook on low for 2 hours.
- Garnish and serve: Serve garnished with additional chopped green onion or sesame seeds.
How to serve
These meatballs are SO good you can eat them on their own – they work perfectly as an appetizer or finger food for parties and gatherings. If you’d like to make them a full meal, why not put them atop a bed of steamed rice or noodles. Pair it with a Crunchy Asian Salad and you have the perfect dish.
Because these meatballs are baked first and then slow cooked with the sauce, these are ideal to make ahead. You can bake the meatballs and make the sauce, then the day when you want to serve them, simply finish them off in the slow cooker. This way they’ll be warm for serving.
Leftovers will last in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days. You can reheat them easily in the microwave or oven.
If you want to keep them in the freezer store the sauce and meatballs separately (both in an airtight container). When ready to serve place the frozen meatballs in the slow cooker with the sauce and cook on low for about 4 hours until heated through.
More delicious meatball recipes to try:
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Crockpot Asian Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground pork
- ½ cup green onions chopped, about 6
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon ginger freshly grated
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds optional
- 2 green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all the meatball ingredients together in a large bowl. Shape into 1 inch in diameter meatballs and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 25 minutes or until just slight brown and no longer pink inside.
- In the meantime, mix all the sauce ingredients together.
- Toss the meatballs together with the sauce and pour into your crockpot. Cook on low for 2 hours. The sauce will reduce and thicken a bit.
- Serve garnished with additional chopped green onion or sesame seeds.
- This recipe should yield about 36 meatballs.
- Can I use any other type of meat: Any ground meat would work. Ground beef would be wonderful with this type of glaze, but feel free to use ground chicken or ground turkey. You can also combine meats like ground pork and ground beef together.
- Can I fry these: Yes! Heat about a tbsp of oil in a skillet then add the meatballs and fry until golden all around, should take about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Can I make these ahead: Yes! Meatballs usually reheat really well. If you’re making these ahead, store the sauce separately in another container in the fridge. Before ready to serve place the frozen meatballs in the crockpot and pour the sauce over them. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Can I freeze these meatballs: Yes! Follow the instructions for making these ahead, and store them in the freezer separately both in an airtight container.
- How do I store leftovers: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days.
- Nutrition: Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.