Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Vegetable Beef Soup
This Vegetable Beef Soup is a hearty combination of beef and lots of vegetables. Perfect for a cold winter night, this soup is comforting, healthy and totally delicious!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time2 hrs 50 mins
Total Time3 hrs 5 mins
- 2 lbs stewing beef or chuck roast, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 8 cups water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 1 beef bouillon or 2 tbsp vegeta
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
Cook the beef: Add the beef and water to a large pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once the broth starts to boil, remove all the impurities from the top. If you don't, you'll get a cloudy dark soup, instead of a nice clear broth.
Reduce to a simmer, cover the pot and cook for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. You need to cook this until the beef is tender. Once the beef is done remove it from the broth, keep the broth.
Saute veggies: In a large Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomato paste and the diced tomatoes. Add the beef bouillon or vegeta.
Add beef, cauliflower and simmer: Add the cauliflower and cooked beef to the pot. Add the beef broth (from cooking the beef) and stir. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to a simmer and cook for about 30 minutes.
Add Zucchini, lemon juice and cook for 10 more minutes: Stir in the zucchini and lemon juice. Cook for another 10 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
Add egg: Pour the egg mixture into the soup and quickly stir. You will notice the soup thickening up a bit, the egg will cook instantly.
Garnish and serve: Garnish with parsley and serve with sour cream and pickled hot peppers.
- If you watch the video, you'll notice I cooked my beef in an instant pot to speed up the cooking process. If you have an instant pot, cook it for 20 minutes on the meat or manual setting.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 551mg | Potassium: 739mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2985IU | Vitamin C: 22.8mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 3.5mg