Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chicken and Mushrooms in Creamy Dill Sauce
Chicken and Mushrooms in Creamy Dill Sauce - if you're looking for a quick yet mouthwatering dish loaded with chicken, mushrooms in a smooth and rich creamy dill sauce, look no further! This dish is quick, easy and comes together in just 30 minutes!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 lb chicken thighs boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 12 oz white mushrooms cut in half
- 1/2 cup white wine I used Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
Cook the chicken: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Generously season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken thighs and cook for about 5 minutes, until no longer pink.
Saute the mushrooms: Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes until the onion is soft. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking for about 5 to 7 minutes until the mushrooms soften and are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Create the sauce: Stir in the white wine and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Add the the dill and sour cream and stir to combine. Add the butter to skillet and stir it in to melt. In a small bowl whisk the flour with a couple ladles of the broth from the skillet.
Finish the dish: Pour this mixture back into the skillet, stir well and let it simmer for another 5 minutes minutes. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with additional dill if preferred. Serve over cooked rice, pasta, mashed potatoes or creamy polenta.
- You can use chicken breast, or drumsticks if you prefer.
- This recipe will work for any type of cubed protein you like, or can be made vegetarian by using extra mushrooms.
- I used white mushrooms in this dish, but you can use whichever type you like best. Hardier varieties like cremini work best.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 427mg | Potassium: 656mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 460IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg