Add to Collection
Go to Collections
One Pot Spicy Pork Ragu with Orzo
One Pot Spicy Pork Ragu with Orzo - this deeply flavored spicy pork ragu with orzo makes for a delicious and comforting dinner. So simple and ready in just 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 cup dry orzo
- 20 ounce tomato juice (1 can)
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth low sodium
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce I used Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh Parsley chopped
- Parmesan cheese for serving
In a large skillet or Dutch Oven heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ground pork and cook until pork is no longer pink, breaking it up as you go along.
Add the chopped onion, celery, and carrot to the skillet and cook for another 3 minutes until the onion and carrot are soft and the onion turns translucent.
Stir in the red wine. Add the red pepper flakes, oregano, basil and stir well. Add the orzo, tomato juice, beef broth, hot sauce and stir well. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
Garnish with parsley and serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Orzo is a small rice-shaped variety of pasta. You can use any type of pasta that you like, or is most convenient.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of hot sauce and red pepper flakes to suit your preference.
- You can use ground beef, chicken, or turkey in place of the pork. If you're using poultry, add an extra 2 tbsp of olive oil to cook the meat.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 430mg | Potassium: 726mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2219IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg