Last updated on April 13th, 2019 at 10:32 pm
One Pot Spicy Pork Ragu with Orzo – this deeply flavored spicy pork ragu with orzo makes for a delicious and comforting dinner. So simple and ready in just 30 minutes.
You know what’s crazy? I started watching The Gilmore Girls again. Seriously, but it’s one of my favorite shows. I love the idea of living in a small town like Stars Hollow, where everybody knows everybody. I also really hope the show comes back even if it’s only a few episodes. Anyway, I think I’m just out of shows to watch until The Walking Dead is back.
Today I have for you another one of my one pot recipes which I love so much, a spicy pork ragu with orzo. I love these dishes, they’re so easy and quick to make, and perfect use of that ground pork that I always seem to have in the freezer. This is why I love these quick and easy meals, they’re perfect to use those staple ingredients you have around.
I made this ragu spicy because my husband really loves spicy food lately, and to be honest so do I, but you can easily control the heat in this recipe with the amount of hot sauce you use or red pepper chili flakes. Otherwise, this is a very simple to make dish with ingredients you’re bound to have in your pantry and your fridge. Although this recipe is is simple, the flavors are deep. Orzo really is my favorite pasta to use lately, because it’s so much like rice, so if you love both pasta and rice, this is like having the best of both worlds.
I topped this with some Parmesan cheese when I served it, but you can completely skip the cheese, or if you’re like my husband, lactose intolerant, just use some lactose free Parmesan cheese, it’s great!
Try out some of my other fantastic recipes using orzo!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
One Pot Spicy Pork Ragu with Orzo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 cup dry orzo
- 20 oz tomato juice (1 can)
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth low sodium
- 1 tbsp hot sauce I used Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh Parsley chopped
- fresh Parmesan cheese for serving
- In a large skillet or Dutch Oven heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ground pork and cook until pork is no longer pink, breaking it up as you go along.
- Add the chopped onion, celery, and carrot to the skillet and cook for another 3 minutes until the onion and carrot are soft and the onion turns translucent.
- Stir in the red wine. Add the red pepper flakes, oregano, basil and stir well. Add the orzo, tomato juice, beef broth, hot sauce and stir well. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Love this simple 30 minute recipe? Check out my cookbook, 30-Minute One-Pot Meals, 80 recipes in total!