This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Mediterranean Orzo Salad is bursting with delicious Mediterranean inspired flavors, packed with chickpeas, Kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese. It’s colorful, refreshing and best of all ready in only 20 minutes!
This here is my kind of salad, want to know why? Because this salad is packed with fresh bright flavors and super satisfying pasta called orzo. I love orzo, it’s so versatile, not to mention it’s perfect for salads like this.
This salad is perfect as a side dish, or enjoyed on its own. I packed this salad with lots of good for you ingredients like chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and one of my favorite ingredients ever, Kalamata olives. The dressing is really great as well and it couldn’t get any simpler with some super basic lemon juice and olive oil, a little bit of garlic and the perfect touch of seasoning.
What Is Orzo?
Orzo is a small cut pasta that tastes heavenly in light little dishes just like the one I’m writing out for you all today. It packs some good protein and pairs well with a good variety of veggies, I’ll be sure to give you some good recommendations below. You can serve this dish either warm or cold. So give it a try either as a side dish or as an entree all on its own!
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Lemon – Freshly squeezed juice, each lemon contains about 3 tablespoons of juice.
- Olive oil – We want some nice quality stuff if you have any on hand, we aren’t cooking with our oil today so those flavors will really come through.
- Garlic – Use as much or little as you like.
- Seasoning – Salt and pepper.
- Orzo – We want this small shaped pasta for our dish, you could also substitute it with couscous.
- Chickpeas – This packs some great fiber and protein to our salad. Feel free to substitute any legumes you prefer.
- Tomatoes – I’m using cherry tomatoes halved to pack tons of tomato flavor.
- Olives – My favorite little salad addition, Kalamata olives.
- Onion – I use red onion for this recipe for that bright acidic flavor and vibrant color.
- Cheese – Feta cheese, crumbled up nicely.
- Parsley – Fresh and chopped up fine. If you only have dried parsley on hand keep in mind that 1 teaspoon dried equals 1 tablespoon fresh.
How To Make Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- Cook the pasta: Cook the orzo pasta according to package instructions.
- Combine the dressing: In a medium size jar add all the dressing ingredients together, close the lid and shake a few times, to mix well. Alternatively, you could whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl add all the salad ingredients, pour the dressing over and toss well. Top with additional feta cheese, parsley and pepper if preferred. Serve cold.
What Can I Pair This Salad With?
This dish pairs well with so many dishes, especially big protein heavy entrees. Definitely play around with different combinations because regardless you can’t go wrong!
- Chicken Shawarma
- Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken Legs
- Roast Chicken
- Perfect Pork Tenderloin
- Beef Brisket
You can make this the day before and place it in the fridge in an airtight container. As it sits the flavors of all the ingredients have a chance to develop. This salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days. Unfortunately you can’t freeze this Mediterranean Salad as the integrity of the veggies will be completely gone when it thaws, resulting in a big bowl of mush.
Craving More Summery Salads? Try These Delicious Recipes
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- California Quinoa Salad
- Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
- Greek Salad
- Mexican Chicken And Rice Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Mediterranean Orzo Salad
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp pepper or to taste
- Cook the orzo pasta according to package instructions.
- In a medium size jar add all the dressing ingredients together, close the lid and shake a few times, to mix well. Alternatively, you could whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add all the salad ingredients, pour the dressing over and toss well.
- Top with additional feta cheese, parsley and pepper if preferred.
- Serve cold.