This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Perfect Pork Tenderloin – the perfect wow worthy meal for any night of the week. This flavor packed entree is guaranteed to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters, so roll up those sleeves and let’s whip up some perfection.
Perfect Pork Tenderloin
Sometimes during a long day at work I sit at my desk and dream of the things I’ll make for dinner. Today I was thinking about perfectly pink pork tenderloin, juicy and flavorful and buttery to cut into. It’s the perfect entree for anyone out there who really wants to WOW at dinner time. Don’t be intimidated by cooking with pork if you’re a novice, my recipe today will come together in just about 30 minutes. So let’s get cooking!
What Is Tenderloin?
This is the creme de la creme of pork cuts, also known as the gentlemen’s cut or pork fillet, tenderloin is absolutely delectable. It is so perfect to pair with any of your favorite pork accompaniments, like apple sauce or Honey Mustard. I think this recipe is simple and divine, and I’m sure all of you will too – let’s get into it!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Pork – Tenderloin is the cut we used today. We want something that will bake well and stay nice and moist.
- Seasoning – Salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder are our seasonings for today.
- Olive oil and butter – We want something with a neutral taste that will help us form a nice crust on our meat.
- Parsley – Nice and fresh chopped up finely for a little bit of garnish. This is completely optional, of course.
How To Make Perfect Pork Tenderloin
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Preheat the oven: We want this to be at 400 F degrees, place the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Prepare the rub: In a bowl combine your seasonings and mix well. Sprinkle this over your tenderloin and use your hands to rub the spices over the entire surface of the meat. Make sure they’re evenly coated.
- Sear the loins: Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet and brown the tenderloin on all sides, this should take about 6 minutes. Place the skillet in the oven and bake uncovered for 13 – 15 minutes. Halfway through flip the tenderloins over.
- Finish your perfect pork tenderloins: Transfer the tenderloins to a cutting board and cover them with aluminum foil, allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with parsley and serve.
What Else Can I Use?
If pork tenderloin isn’t available feel free to use sliced loins or pork chops. Either will work perfectly fine! Just be sure to monitor your cooking time accordingly.
Tips For Making The Perfect Pork
- Get a meat thermometer! We want to guarantee our loins reach an internal temperature of at least 150 F degrees and the best way to do this is through covering accuracy.
- Baking at a high temperature will give you nicely browned pork with delicious crispy bits while keeping the inside perfectly juicy.
- Covering our pork with aluminum foil will ensure that it stays nice and juicy before we cut into it – and be sure to let it rest! Otherwise your meat will end up dry and no one wants that.
How To Serve Pork Tenderloin
This dish goes so well with Mashed Potatoes or even Loaded Scalloped Potatoes. If you’re feeling some veggies, my recipes for Roasted Green Beans And Mushrooms or even just Garlic Butter Mushrooms will do in a pinch. If you’re feeling like getting a little boozy, a nice gin forward sipper like my Negroni will give the whole dish a scrumptious buzz.
Cooked tenderloin will last in the fridge for up to 3 – 4 days if it’s stored in an airtight container. Be sure to freeze your pork within 2 hours of cooking to limit bacteria growth, and it’ll last up to 3 months. So enjoy that bad boy now or later!
Craving More Pork? Try These Recipes:
- Pork Schnitzel
- Pan Seared Pork Chops With Gravy
- Pork Carnitas
- Korean Style Pork Chops
- Ranch Pork Chops And Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner
- Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin
- Easy Oven Baked Pork Chops
- Pork Loin Roast
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Perfect Pork Tenderloin
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin 2 tenderloins
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees. Place the rack in the middle position.
- In a small bowl combine the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder together.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the tenderloins and use your hands to rub the spices over the entire surface of the tenderloins, until they are evenly coated.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large oven safe skillet, such as a cast iron or a Dutch oven, over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the tenderloins and brown on all sides. Should take about 6 minutes in total.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake uncovered for 13 to 15 minutes. Halfway through, flip the tenderloins over. Bake until the center of the tenderloin registers at least 150 F degrees.
- Transfer the tenderloins to a cutting board, cover them with aluminum foil and let them rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with parsley if preferred and serve.