Last updated on May 31st, 2018 at 09:15 am
This Greek Salad is a classic salad of cucumbers and tomatoes loaded with feta cheese and olives. Perfect as a side dish or as a meal on its own.
That’s one delicious salad there! Greek salad is by far my favorite salad ever and it’s probably the only salad I’ll order in a restaurant, if they have it. What’s not to love about it, though? All that feta cheese and those olives really make me happy.
This is our recipe for Greek salad that we make over and over again. It’s our go to salad whenever we need one and somehow we always have the ingredients on hand to make one. Not to mention my fridge is never left without a big block of feta cheese inside and a couple jars of Kalamata olives.
There’s a little Greek place near us that has the best Greek food but I love their salads the most and long ago I studied every ingredient in their salad just so I can replicate myself. It’s pretty much how I’ve always made it but the only thing I noticed they do is they add cubes of feta cheese as well as crumbled feta cheese, because you know the more cheese the better. So I started doing that myself in my salads and for some reason it makes all the difference.
This salad uses simple ingredients and it’s perfect year round. I love using cocktail tomatoes because I find they pack a lot more flavor. Choosing the right ingredients makes all the difference, even in a simple thing like a salad.
I love to serve this salad with Chicken Shawarma!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- 1 English cucumber cut in cubes
- 1 small red onion roughly chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 cup cocktail tomatoes cut in half or quarters
- 1 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled or cubed
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp oregano dried
- 1/2 tsp pepper ground
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk well. Alternatively you can place them all in a blender and blend until for about 30 seconds until well combined. Another option is to place all the ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Add the cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, olives and feta cheese to a large bowl and pour the dressing over. Toss everything well together and serve immediately.