Last updated on May 15th, 2018 at 01:52 pm
These Greek Lamb Burgers are grilled to perfection. They’re juicy and flavorful, served on a toasted bun with tzatziki sauce, tomatoes, cucumbers and feta cheese.
I haven’t had a burger in months and sometimes you just crave something so bad that you’d do anything to get a bite of that food. I usually stay away from ordering burgers at restaurants, mostly because of all the fat, etc. Which is why if I’m going to have a burger, I will make it myself because then I know what goes into it and I can stuff it and load it with my favorite ingredients. As you might know though, I’m not the biggest fan of lamb here, but I must say that when I think of anything Greek, lamb always jumps out at me. I wanted some Greek burgers for all those wonderful Greek flavors, so it was pretty much a no brainer when it came to going with lamb.
Plus I think my cravings have something to do with the long weekend coming up, Canada day for us Canucks and 4th of July for all you Americans. I mean who doesn’t usually have some sort of burger on these special days?
But these lamb burgers, oh dear, they were something else. I mean, if you’re going to have a burger, you might as well go all out. And by that I mean go all out on flavor. These burgers are flavor overboard, loaded with goodies such as tzatziki sauce, creamy feta cheese, I used goat feta here, and your favorite burger toppings which are a must if you’re going Greek, such as tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and some baby arugula for some greens.
But the burger patties are flavored nicely as well, I mean I don’t do just use plain ground lamb, come on. I added some Kalamata olives, some more feta cheese, oh yeah baby, and some herbs such as mint, oregano and dill. Let me tell you those babies were juicy and so good. And last but not least, you need some good burger buns like a nice brioche bun or a pretzel bun, which you must grill as well. Then all that’s left is to assemble this baby and mangia!
If you loved this recipe, try these burgers!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Greek Lamb Burgers
For lamb burger patties
- 1 1/2 lb ground lamb
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 burger buns
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/2 cup tzatziki sauce
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced
- 1 small red onion sliced
- Prepare your grill for cooking over high direct heat.
- In a medium bowl combine all the lamb burger patties ingredients together and mix everything together until everything is well incorporated. Divide the meat in 4 and form into burger patties.
- Place the patties on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side. DO NOT press on the patties while cooking. 2 Minutes before the patties are done cooking, add the burger buns to the grill and grill them for about 30 seconds.
- Remove everything from the grill and assemble the burgers. Start with adding some baby arugula to the bottom of the bun, then the burger patty, followed by a couple tbsp of tzatziki sauce, some crumbled feta cheese, tomato slices, cucumber slices and red onion slices. If you prefer you could add more tzatziki sauce to the top bun.
- Serve immediately.