Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Creamy Sausage Mushroom Pasta
This Creamy Sausage Mushroom Pasta is pure comfort food. A rich and creamy sauce loaded with Italian sausage and mushrooms served over the pasta of your choice, total crowd pleaser!
- 12 oz pasta I used Mafalda
- 3/4 lb Italian sausage no casings
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb white mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups whipping cream (35%)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
At the same time cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink and starts to brown. It should take about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the sausage from the skillet.
Add the butter to the skillet and melt. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds until it becomes aromatic. Add the mushrooms and stir. Cook the mushrooms for about 5 minutes until they start to brown and all the liquid has evaporated.
Season the mushrooms with salt, pepper then add the red pepper flakes. Stir in the whipping cream and return the sausage back to the skillet. Cook for about 7 to 10 minutes until the sauce thickens and reduces a bit.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm over cooked pasta.
- If you don't like mushrooms, use any vegetable you like such as peas or asparagus. You can always use beef, chicken, shrimp, or turkey as well.
- Use any type of pasta that you like. I find this works the best with smaller types such as penne, rotini, bowties, etc. but you use noodle types as well.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 237g | Calories: 734kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 552mg | Potassium: 583mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1416IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 2mg