Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Apple Pie Cake
Apple Pie Cake - Is it pie or is it cake? It's both! For those times when you can't decide if you want pie or cake, this apple pie cake will satisfy both cravings!
- 1 box yellow cake mix I used Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow cake mix
- 1½ cups water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 6 apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter cut into small pieces
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees and spray a 13x9 inch pan with baking spray.
Prepare the yellow cake according to package instructions: add cake mix, 3 eggs, water and oil to the bowl of your mixer and mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
In a medium bowl, toss together the apple mixture ingredients together and spread over the cake batter.
In a medium bowl stir together the flour, brown sugar and salt for the topping and cut in the butter using a fork or pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
Sprinkle topping over the apples and cake batter, evenly.
Bake anywhere from 35 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if preferred.
- For the cake please follow the instructions on your cake mix box. The ingredients listed and instructions were as per the instructions on the cake mix I used, but they could vary.
- The best method of storage is to refrigerate in an air tight container for up to 3-4 days. If freezing be sure to let it cool to room temperature before wrapping in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 4.5g | Fat: 20.1g | Saturated Fat: 6.8g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 412mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 36.6g