Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
Chicken Fajita Quesadillas - sautéed onions, red and green peppers, perfectly seasoned chicken breast, melted cheese, between two tortillas. Simply yummy and ready in only 30 minutes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 3 chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut into long strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut into long strips
- 1 green bell pepper cut into long strips
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 cup Tex Mex cheese or cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- 8 tortillas
- 2 tbsp butter
Season the chicken breasts strips with 1 tbsp of the fajita mix.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil and add the chicken to it. Cook the chicken for 5 to 10 minutes until it's fully cooked and no longer pink, and it's slightly charred, but not burned.
Remove chicken from skillet, and wipe the skillet clean.
Add another tbsp of olive oil to the skillet and heat it up. Add the onion and cook for a couple minutes until it's slightly translucent. Add the peppers and the fajita mix and mix well. Cook for a couple more minutes so the peppers cook slightly. Add the chicken to the skillet, mix with peppers and onions and cook for a minute.
In a clean skillet, add a bit of the butter and melt. Add a tortilla and move it around until it's buttery. Add a little bit of the chicken and onion mixture on top of the tortilla, and about 1/4 cup of cheese, depending on how you like it. Add another tortilla on top and pat it down.
Now flip it over and cook on the other side until the other side is nice and golden. Remove from skillet and cut into quarters. Repeat these steps with the remaining tortillas. Serve this with some sour cream and salsa.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days be sure to reheat on the stove if you want to prevent the tortillas from getting soggy.
- If you’d rather freeze the quesadillas be sure to wrap each quesadilla individually in parchment paper and freeze for up to 4 months.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1quesadilla | Calories: 543kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 791mg | Potassium: 628mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1642IU | Vitamin C: 68mg | Calcium: 287mg | Iron: 3mg