Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Gnocchi
This Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Gnocchi is so comforting, simple and satisfying. These juicy chicken tenders with a sun dried tomato creamy sauce and gnocchi will make it to your dinner table in 20 minutes.
- 1 lb gnocchi uncooked
- 1 tbsp oil from sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 7 oz sun dried tomatoes drained, keep oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk I used 3.25 %
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
Cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Drain the oil from the sun dried tomatoes jar into a small bowl. Keep this to use in the recipe.
In a large skillet heat the butter and sun dried tomato oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken tenders to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken on both sides until no longer pink inside and lightly golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set side.
If more oil is needed in your skillet, add additional sun dried tomato oil. Add the garlic and sun dried tomatoes to the skillet and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes until the garlic becomes aromatic and fragrant.
Add the cup and a half of milk, half and half and Parmesan cheese to the skillet. In a small bowl whisk the cornstarch with the 2 tbsp of milk and add this to the skillet as well. Stir or whisk in the sauce. The sauce will begin to thicken as it bubbles from the cornstarch. Cook for about a minute.
Stir in the gnocchi and add the chicken back to the skillet. Drizzle some of the sauce over the chicken, garnish with parsley and serve while warm.
- Sun dried tomatoes usually come in a jar and can be found in the same aisle as olives.
- Half and half can be found near the milk and cream in the dairy section of your local grocery store. Half and half is a blend of equal parts whole milk and light cream. It averages 10 to 12% of fat.
- You can store this dish in an air tight shallow container in the fridge for 3 - 4 days. Just be sure to allow it to fully cool before placing it in the fridge.
- You can freeze this dish as well! Just hold off on adding the gnocchi till you're ready to eat it. Freeze the dish in a shallow airtight container once fully cooled. Allow to thaw overnight in the fridge before heating back up on the stove top and incorporating your gnocchi.
Serving: 428g | Calories: 627kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 1041mg | Potassium: 2310mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 989IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 379mg | Iron: 9mg