Last updated on June 2nd, 2018 at 11:45 am
This Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Gnocchi is so comforting, simple and satisfying. These juicy chicken tenders with a sun dried tomato creamy sauce and gnocchi will make it to your dinner table in 20 minutes.
Do you guys love gnocchi as much as I do? I sure hope so! One of these days I’ll do a little video for you guys on how to make your own gnocchi but really, gnocchi is awesome and it’s so great with creamy sauces like this creamy sun dried tomato sauce which is just to die for. To tell you the truth this dish could still be so good without the chicken and just the gnocchi and the sauce. But I also love my chicken and to add some protein to this yummy dish I went with some chicken tenders.
Chicken tenders are awesome though, they’re the perfect size, quick to cook because they’re so thin and small so they are ideal for an easy dinner. And you know what’s great about this dinner? It’s that it’s ready in only 20 minutes. You know I love my 30 minute one pot meals, but you know what’s even better than a 30 minute dish? A 20 minute dish! Yeah!
Let’s talk sun dried tomatoes for a moment here. You must get the ones in oil, those are my favorite ones because they still contain a fair amount of moisture. Yeah, you could definitely make your own, but why bother, I buy mine at the store they come in little 7 oz jars and I love to put them in all kinds of dishes. They are great in creamy sauces like in this recipe and if you’ve never tried them, you must because they are loaded with flavor!
One thing to note about the sun dried tomatoes in oil is that you do want to drain as much of the oil as you can from the jar, but do keep it, we’ll use some of it in this recipe, but you could certainly keep the rest and use it in some other dish.
This recipe is so easy to make but it will make you look like a rock star to your family or friends. Of course, if you prefer not to share this you could of course just enjoy it all by yourself and trust me, this was so good, I could definitely eat this all by myself.
Try some other fast and delicious gnocchi recipes!
- Garlic and Parsley Butter Chicken with Gnocchi
- One-Skillet Ham and Cheese Gnocchi
- Gnocchi with Bacon, Tomato Sauce and Mozzarella
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Gnocchi
- 1 lb gnocchi uncooked
- 1 tbsp oil from sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 7 oz sun dried tomatoes drained, keep oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk I used 3.25 %
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Drain the oil from the sun dried tomatoes jar into a small bowl. Keep this to use in the recipe.
- In a large skillet heat the butter and sun dried tomato oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken tenders to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken on both sides until no longer pink inside and lightly golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set side.
- If more oil is needed in your skillet, add additional sun dried tomato oil. Add the garlic and sun dried tomatoes to the skillet and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes until the garlic becomes aromatic and fragrant.
- Add the cup and a half of milk, half and half and Parmesan cheese to the skillet. In a small bowl whisk the cornstarch with the 2 tbsp of milk and add this to the skillet as well. Stir or whisk in the sauce. The sauce will begin to thicken as it bubbles from the cornstarch. Cook for about a minute.
- Stir in the gnocchi and add the chicken back to the skillet. Drizzle some of the sauce over the chicken, garnish with parsley and serve while warm.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!