This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy Creamy Cucumber Salad recipe with onion is fast, refreshing, and bursting with fresh dill. With just a couple minutes of prep and minimal cleanup, you just might want to enjoy this delicious side dish as a whole meal.
Creamy Cucumber Salad
This recipe is for all of us who are obsessed with cucumber! They’re mildly flavored with that perfect crunch. If you sit back and just crave a bowl of cucumber some days, you’re not alone! This is the best way to enjoy such a wonderful veggie. While this salad is the ideal summer salad, it’s also a salad that’s perfect for any time of the year.
My ideal creamy cucumber salad is not complete without some fresh onion and dill. While keeping the ingredients nice and simple, these two add so much lovely flavor without completely overpowering the refreshing qualities of this salad.
As a matter of fact, my favorite part about this salad is all the dill! I love dill and it’s so perfect in a salad like this. So now that I have you hooked, let’s get started!
Ingredients in Creamy Cucumber Salad
This is a nice and simple salad that you can throw together in a matter of minutes! Keep scrolling for the full recipe and ingredient amounts.
For the dressing:
- Greek yogurt and mayo – You can use just greek yogurt or just mayo, or you can switch up the ratio.
- Fresh dill – The key here is getting yourself some fresh dill! The flavor can’t be matched.
- Vinegar – I used white vinegar for this recipe. The flavors in this salad are delicate so I didn’t want to use a strong type of vinegar.
- Sugar – You can also use honey or agave. This will help balance out the creaminess and vinegar, but can be left out if you prefer.
- Salt and pepper – Season to taste. If you have a pepper mill, fresh cracked pepper is great in this salad!
For the salad:
- English cucumbers – I did peel the cucumbers so any variety will work in this recipe. You can leave the peel on if you prefer. I also removed the flesh from the cucumber.
- Red onion – I love to have an extra pop from the onion in this recipe! You can use any type of onion you like. Even pickled onion will work if you don’t like them raw.
- Feta cheese – The more the merrier, I always say. Feel free to use more or less feta as you see fit.
How to Make Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Make the dressing: Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and set aside.
- Finish the salad: Peel, seed, and slice your cucumbers, chop up your onions, and crumble the feta. Toss everything with the dressing in a large bowl. If you’d like, garnish the salad with a bit more chopped dill and some freshly cracked pepper. Serve and enjoy!
While I did everything in two steps, you can realistically just toss all the ingredients into a bowl and mix. The reason I like to mix the dressing separately is so that I can make sure the sugar, salt, and pepper are all evenly dispersed.
What Else Can I Mix in My Cucumber Salad?
The vegetable world is your oyster here! I personally like to keep things simple with cucumbers and onion, but the versatile creamy dill dressing will compliment anything. Give these a try:
- Grape/ cherry tomatoes (left whole)
- Bell peppers
- Small broccoli florets
- Sliced radish
You can even serve this salad over a bed of your favorite type of lettuce!
Tips for Making the Best Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Seed your cucumbers! Don’t skip this step. We want to keep the dressing nice, thick, and cling to every bite. There’s a lot of moisture in the seeds that can make the salad watery.
- If you make this salad ahead, leave the dressing off until you’re ready to serve.
- Under-salt the dressing. The crumbled feta will make up for it!
- Use fresh dill. While dried dill will work, it just doesn’t have as much flavor. This salad is all about that dill!
What to Serve With Cucumber Salad
This refreshing salad is perfect alongside some good BBQ or picnic food. Try these recipes out!
- Beer Can Chicken
- Beef Brisket Gyros
- Honey Mustard Chicken
- Perfect Pulled Pork or Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot BBQ Pork Ribs
- Garlic and Paprika Chicken
- Lemon Dill Pan Fried Salmon
How to Store Leftovers
Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container. While the ingredients will last 5-7 days in the fridge, it’s best enjoyed within a few days. The longer everything sits together the more moisture is drawn from the cucumbers.
Did You Love This Salad? Try These Recipes!
- Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
- Easy Potato Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Easy Panzanella Salad
- Tabbouleh Salad
- Greek Salad
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 2 English cucumber seeds removed, sliced
- 1 small red onion sliced thin
- 1/4 cup dill fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the cucumber, onion, dill, feta, and dressing to a large bowl and toss until well combined. Garnish with more dill or feta and serve.