Last updated on April 13th, 2019 at 10:32 pm
This One Pot Chicken Florentine Gnocchi is super easy and effortless, perfect for a weeknight meal! We’re talking lick your plate clean, so creamy and delicious and ready on your dinner table in under 30 minutes!
Here’s a dish that I absolutely love and the kind of dish that I think my blog is about. Quick, one pot, delicious and comforting. In the culinary arts, Florentine refers to a recipe that is prepared in Florence and features spinach. That’s basically it. However, chicken Florentine is really more American than anything, but please note that this dish is not meant to be authentic or anything. It’s really just meant to be comforting, quick and most of all delicious.
This dish can be made in so many different ways, but my favorite way is with sun dried tomatoes, spinach, gnocchi and lots of cheesy and creamy sauce.
This is the kind of dish that I could eat the whole thing in one sitting, it’s lick your plate delicious and somehow it even makes me feel like I’m eating something that’s good for me because of all the spinach that goes in it. It’s just one way to fool the mind and a great way to hide veggies in there because I’m sure we could all use more spinach in our diets.
But the main reason I love gnocchi dishes so much is because gnocchi only takes 4 to 5 minutes to cook, it beats pasta, it beats rice, it really beats everything. They’re great, fast and really taste delicious too.
Give gnocchi a try, I’m pretty sure you’ll love it, and when you add all these wonderful ingredients it’s a win win, in my book! Try some of my other gnocchi recipes if you loved this one like Sausage and Leek Ragu Gnocchi, and Chicken and Gnocchi Dumpling Soup.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
One Pot Chicken Florentine Gnocchi
- 2 tbsp olive oil or oil reserved from sun dried tomatoes
- 1 lb chicken breasts skinless and boneless, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup shallots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes drained and chopped, keep the oil
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 2 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 2 lbs gnocchi
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. (see notes).
- Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook until it starts to brown, should take 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the shallots, garlic and sun dried tomatoes. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minuets.
- Add the half and half cream, chicken broth and stir. Bring to a simmer then stir in the uncooked gnocchi. Cook until gnocchi are tender, and sauce has thickened, should take about 4 to 5 minutes, they should also absorb and thicken the sauce.
- Add spinach and fold into the mixture until wilted. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper if needed.
- Stir in the cheeses, cheese should melt almost immediately.
Watch How To Make It
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!