Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Blue Cheese Burgers with Crispy Fried Onion
Blue Cheese Burgers with Crispy Fried Onion - These incredible burgers are topped with tangy, creamy, melty blue cheese and crispy onions fried in butter. It's so easy to make this classic comfort food gourmet!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 onions sliced
- 4 burger buns
- 4 burger patties
- 4 blue cheese slices
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- baby arugula or baby kale
- 4 tbsp sweet and spicy mustard
Prepare your grill for cooking over high direct heat.
In a large skillet melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, season with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, then cook until crispy.
Make sure the grill is cleaned and hot before laying down the patties. You might also want to oil the grill first.
Season the burger patties with remaining salt and pepper. Add the patties to the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side. DO NOT press on the patties while cooking.
Lay a slice of blue cheese over each patty for the last 2 minutes of cooking. If you want to grill your burgers buns, add them to the grill now and don't leave them more than 30 seconds.
Remove everything from grill and assemble the burgers. Spread 1 tbsp of mustard on the bun. Top with some baby arugula or kale, lay the burger patty, tomato slices, crispy onions and top bun.
- Leftovers are best stored separate. Leave assembly for when you're ready to enjoy your burgers! The arugula, tomatoes, arugula, and buns are best fresh. The patties will be good for 3-4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To reheat, you can pop the patties in the microwave at 30 second intervals until they're heated through. You can also place them in a skillet, covered, over medium heat until they're warm.
- For the onions, you can honestly enjoy these on your burger cold! If you prefer them hot, you can definitely reheat them in the microwave or in a skillet. I would suggest lining your plate with paper towel to microwave them. This will keep them as crisp as possible.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1burger | Calories: 551kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 1453mg | Potassium: 748mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1152IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 262mg | Iron: 4mg