Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Greek Chicken Red Quinoa Salad
This Greek Chicken Red Quinoa Salad is rich in nutrients, packed with protein and it's super delicious at only 368 calories per serving.
- 3/4 cup red quinoa
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup chicken breast cooked, cubed
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 red onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 cup feta cheese cubed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
First rinse the quinoa. In a pot add the water and the quinoa and bring to a boil. Cover, turn down the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes. Let it cool completely.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and pepper. Set aside.
In a large bowl toss the chicken, cucumber, olives, feta cheese, tomatoes and red onion together. Add cooled quinoa and dressing and toss. Garnish with fresh parsley if preferred.
- I don't normally add salt to Greek salads because the olives and the feta cheese are pretty salty, so it's not really needed.
- You can use regular quinoa, you don't have to use red quinoa for this salad.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 736mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 465IU | Vitamin C: 13.9mg | Calcium: 242mg | Iron: 2.7mg