This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Greek Chicken Red Quinoa Salad is rich in nutrients, packed with protein and it’s super delicious at only 368 calories per serving.
Red Quinoa is becoming increasingly popular lately but I don’t normally cook with it for one reason.
My husband hates it! So I’ve been scratching my head here trying to figure out how to get him to eat his quinoa, because let’s face it we all know that quinoa is highly rich in nutrients. But no matter how healthy quinoa and how good it may be for you, I just couldn’t convince him to eat it.
Until now! He loves Greek salads, he’ll buy them or make them any chance he gets, so I thought to myself, “Self, what if I combine his favorite Greek salad with quinoa and some chicken and make a Greek chicken red quinoa salad?”. Sometimes I amaze myself. It’s a brilliant idea. The addition of the chicken adds more protein to the dish, thereby turning this into an actual meal than just a side dish.
Now it took me some convincing to actually get him to try this, but here’s the thing. This salad is loaded with so many other goodies, chicken, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and one simple yet amazingly delicious dressing, you don’t even taste the quinoa.
So whether you love quinoa or not, this salad is so good for you. I could eat this salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- 3/4 cup red quinoa
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup chicken breast (cooked, cubed)
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/2 red onion (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 cup feta cheese (cubed)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice ((from about 1 lemon))
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (freshly ground)
- First rinse the quinoa. In a pot add the water and the quinoa and bring to a boil. Cover, turn down the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss the chicken, cucumber, olives, feta cheese, tomatoes and red onion together. Add cooled quinoa and dressing and toss. Garnish with fresh parsley if preferred.
- I don't normally add salt to Greek salads because the olives and the feta cheese are pretty salty, so it's not really needed.
- You can use regular quinoa, you don't have to use red quinoa for this salad.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.