Last updated on March 25th, 2018 at 03:33 pm
This Chicken Enchilada Quinoa bake is gluten free, packed with protein and loads of cheese. This casserole is a true crowd-pleaser. If you’re a fan of traditional enchiladas, you’ll love this slightly healthier version.
So it’s snowing again. Earlier in the day I was sitting on my deck enjoying the sun warming my face and now it’s snowing. Oh well, I keep pretending it’s summer. It’s bound to get here eventually.
Anywho, I want to talk to you about quinoa and how I feel about it. I have to be honest and say I’m not a huge fan, but I understand it’s good for you. Unlike rice or pasta, it’s gluten-free, it’s high in protein, a great source of riboflavin and helps with weight management. So as you can see it’s kind of like a superfood. And because of these reasons I try and include it in our diet, regardless of how much the hand model hates it.
In order to make quinoa more tasty and to somehow hide it in what I cook, what better way to do it than with chicken enchilada. I for one love chicken enchilada and sometimes one could say I’m obsessed with it. So regardless how I feel about quinoa, in this chicken enchilada quinoa bake, you won’t even know it’s there.
With just a few simple ingredients you can make this sososo delicious dish. Lots of chicken enchilada goodness under a yummy layer of cheese, how can one go wrong? And after you bake it for a few minutes all you gotta do is dig in and enjoy! Your tummy will thank you.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
This Chicken Enchilada Quinoa bake is gluten free, packed with protein and loads of cheese. This casserole is a true crowd-pleaser. If you're a fan of traditional enchiladas, you'll love this slightly healthier version.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 8-inch square ceramic or broiler-proof baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and onion; cook 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Reduce heat to low. Add quinoa, chicken, black beans, green chiles, and the enchilada sauce; stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheddar cheese. Transfer quinoa mixture to prepared baking dish. Top evenly with pepper Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn oven control to broil and broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from broiler. Top with sour cream and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.