Last updated on November 4th, 2018 at 07:15 pm
These White Chicken Enchiladas have the easiest cream sauce you could ever make, super delicious, cheesy, gooey, melt in your mouth enchiladas! Perfect for an easy and quick weeknight meal!
If you ever crave comfort food, if you ever feel the need to eat something creamy and cheesy, these white chicken enchiladas will hit the spot.
Enchiladas are one of my favorite things to eat whenever I go to a Mexican restaurant. What am I saying, enchiladas are one of favorite dish ever, period!
There are so many ways you can make enchiladas. You can fill them with anything, top them with anything. But these white chicken enchiladas are to die for and my favorite kind.
This is an old recipe I’ve had for years and been making for years because enchiladas truly are my comfort food. It’s the sauce that’s so good it makes me lick my plate clean. It’s a sour cream based sauce that’s super easy to make and ready in 5 minutes.
This will be a meal that your kids would run to the dinner table for, not only them but you as well. Totally a crowd pleaser.
CRAVING MORE ENCHILADAS? TRY THESE:
- Quick and Easy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Enchilada Meatball Bake
- Homemade Enchilada Sauce
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
White Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. I used a 9x6 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine the chicken 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and the enchilada sauce.
- Take a tortilla, top with about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture, then roll it up and place in the prepared baking dish. Continue with all the tortillas until they are all filled and rolled. You should have enough chicken mixture to fill 6 tortillas.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Cook for a minute then add the chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Let it cook until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Add the sour cream and green chiles to the saucepan and stir. Remove from heat. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper as necessary.
- Pour the sauce over the enchiladas and top with the remaining mozzrella cheese.
- Bake for 22 minutes to 25 minutes or until the top starts to brown and the sauce is bubbly. Garnish with parsley or cilantro and serve.
- For the chicken you can use store bought rotisserie chicken, or you can use this recipe to cook the chicken breasts.
- Nutrition: Nutritional information assumes 1 enchilada plus sauce. Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.