Last updated on April 23rd, 2019 at 03:14 pm
3 Ingredient Mexican Rice – your favorite Mexican restaurant style rice at home with only 3 ingredients. This rice comes together in only 15 minutes and in only pot.
You know that rice you get at your favorite Mexican restaurant along with your enchiladas or chimichangas, well I love that rice. But to be fair I love all Mexican food, but that rice is what brings the whole meal together. I don’t know about you though, but I can eat a bowl of this rice, call it lunch and be happy happy happy. To make this, all you need are 3 ingredients and 15 minutes! It takes you longer to get to the restaurant and order it than make this in your home, seriously. Not to mention how budget friendly this is.
I sometimes feel like I don’t cook enough with rice, somehow I always gravitate towards pasta dishes, but I do love rice probably just as much as pasta. Some of my favorite dishes are made with rice, like chicken and seafood paella or this chicken enchilada rice casserole, but nothing beats the simplicity of this rice dish.
The 3 ingredients that you need are rice, chicken broth and enchilada sauce. Yep, by adding enchilada sauce to this rice dish you give it all those Mexican flavors you love so much. Then top it with whatever toppings you prefer, I used chopped tomatoes, green onions and cilantro. You don’t need the toppings though, this rice is so so good. I told you I like simple dishes, and you can’t get any simpler than this.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
3 Ingredient Mexican Rice
- 1 cup rice I used Basmati
- 2 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 10 oz enchilada sauce 1 can
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- tomatoes chopped
- green onions chopped
- cilantro chopped
- In a large skillet or saucepan add the rice chicken broth and enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stir well, cover the pot, then turn down the heat to a medium.
- Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the rice is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with tomatoes, green onions and cilantro before serving.
Watch How To Make It